NRC in Iraq leads a widespread geographical and diverse programmatic intervention across Iraq and we currently have 371 national staff and 33 international staff. The country management sits in Erbil and there are four area offices in Baghdad, Kirkuk, Dohuk and Erbil. NRC programmes in Iraq are supported by a wide variety of donors including: Norwegian Government, Sida, DFID, Dutch Government, PRM, OFDA, ECHO, WFP, UNHCR, UNICEF, GIZ, OCHA, GAC, SDC, French MFA and UNFPA.
In WASH, NRC focus is on provision of access to safe and sufficient water supply either through water trucking or setting up water supply systems including hygiene promotion. NRC in Iraq is currently preparing a humanitarian response for Mosul in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The post holder will take lead in the emergency response which will entail protecting lives, restoring dignity and renewing hope for the Conflict Affected Populations.
The post holder will provide support in the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of a WASH projects in KRI for the Mosul Response. This post holder must be well versed with all components in WASH, both the hard ware and software.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience as a manager within the humanitarian field
Proven experience in WASH in emergencies and protracted crisis.
Experience in the Middle East is desirable.
A team player with ability to navigate, possession of solid representation skills and proven analytical, communication skills and an influential person.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for formulation, planning, coordination, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the emergency WASH response to the Mosul displacements in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (camps and informal settlements).
- Developing new projects based on identified needs for the Mosul displacements. The response will span across both camps, non-camps and informal settlements.
- Contribute to the contingency planning and rapid WASH response within Kurdistan region of Iraq in case of further displacements.
- Ensure that budgets are spent in line with the proposed activities and donor rules and regulations observed.
- Ensuring that procurement plans are done on time and internal procedures are followed for all the procurements.
[6 months contract]
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty Station: Erbil, non-family Duty Station
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
NB: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location in the “Company name” field for both company and location.
For more information, please find attached the Job Description