DUTY STATION: The consultants shall be based at Hyderabad, Telangana.
DURATION OF CONSULTANCY: September 2019 – 15 August 2020 (for a period of 11.5 months)
CLOSING DATE: 2nd August, 2019 by 10 am.
Engagement of Individual Contractor
Several large UN agencies including UNICEF have recently established units dedicated to innovation and recent UNICEF annual report now include a dedicated section on Innovations, New Technologies and Best Practices.National Innovation Foundation has been widely promoting rural and affordable innovations from many decades in India. Many other ministries are also encouraging Innovations in different sectors. Recently Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation initiated inviting technology solutions on sanitation by organizing different types of programs and competitions.
The three states are tech-savvy and promote innovations in WASH. Innovations can be of great support to the three states to focus on child related issues.
2. PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT:
The purpose of this assignment is to provide technical inputs to three states (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana to implement and promote innovations in WASH
- Initiating Innovations in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene as priority component and incorporating the same in all existing programs.
- Technical support to three states in organizing workshops, seminars, competitions and other big events on innovations in WASH
- Identifying Organizations, corporates, societies, key line departments working on Innovations and creating working group and state level taskforce on WASH in Innovations
5. MAJOR TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED
All the tasks will be carried out under the guidance and direction of the WASH Officer/Specialist and will be essentially aimed at assisting him/her to ensure delivery of results stipulated in the Rolling Work Plan and to ensure specific tasks related to Innovations in WASH from 1 September 2019 to August 2020 for period of 11.5 months.
Preparing Plan of actions for incubations of selected innovations
Plan of actions shall be prepared for incubation of Innovations. Feasibility, timeline for preparing working model, business plan, supporting agencies for each innovation and other required supporting information, are few actions of these action plans. Around 10 action plans will be developed (separately for every innovation) for as many innovations and 5 best will be considered for incubation.
Mentorship support for partners on incubation 5 innovations
For incubating 5 innovations regular visits to be organized to the field, partnering organizations both technical and financial, progress reports to be developed and updated and at least 2 visits will be undertaken per month and reports will be shared with government, UNICEF and related agencies
Develop Business plan for 6 innovations and Develop and, facilitate agreements with clear Accelerators for scaling up Innovations
Business plan has to be developed for each innovation separately and agreements with technical supporting agencies, financial supporting agencies and other required partners.
Facilitate organizing ‘Innovation Challenge’ events with the support of various stakeholders
Innovation challenges will be conducted with various stakeholders in three states depending on the requests from the government. Each Innovation challenge will follow the cycle of Innovating, Incubating and Accelerating in phases.
7. DUTY STATION
Hyderabad and frequent travel to other districts across Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana.
WASH Officer/Specialist, UNICEF HFO, Hyderabad.
9. ESTIMATED DURATION OF CONTRACT ( FULL TIME)
1 September 2019 to 15 August 2020
10. QUALIFICATIONS /SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/ COMPETENCIES (CORE/TECHNICAL/FUNCTIONAL)/ LANGUAGE SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE ASSIGNMENT
- Any Post Graduate degree with subjects related to social sciences or management
- Experience of working with government departments in development sector
- 2 to 3 years of experience of working in the area of innovations
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential and Kannada/ Telugu is desirable.
- Should be having own laptop, vehicle and other communication facilities
- Good industry experience, preferably with incubators or accelerators
As part of the application, candidate has to submit:
11. Application Procedures:
- Qualified female/male candidates are requested to please indicate their ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
- We request you to please inform us where you have seen this advertisement.
- Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 AM on/or before 2nd August, 2019with subject line " WASH-INNOVATIONS CONSULTANT FOR AP, KARNATAKA & TELANGANA” in separate files:
Your online application should contain Four separate attachments:
- A Cover letter explaining the motivation for applying and also explaining how the qualifications and skill-set of the candidate are suitable for this position (Not more than 1 page).
- CV and Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from our website at http://unicef.in/P11form.doc
- A financial proposal in PDF format indicating deliverable based fee as per template attached. Please mention your name in the file while saving. Please protect it with password we will send an official mail for the password only then please share the password.
- Methodology document outlining how the consultant intends to carry forward achieving the deliverables
- Any work samples (publications or reports)
You’re application will not be considered if the application is not forwarded as per the process above
Please submit your online application latest by 10 am Indian Standard Time on or before 2nd August, 2019.