HORIZEN, a Community Based Consultant
Location: West Bengal
Functional Area: Operations
Job Type: Full Time Employment
Location: West Bengal
HORIZEN is looking for an experienced WASH Expert to implement Govt. funded project in partnership with various stakeholders. The WASH Expert need to serve as the project’s full-time technical lead for all water, sanitation and hygiene activities. The WASH Expert will provide technical direction to the project, ensuring that project outcomes related to the promotion of hygiene related behavior, promotion WASH related BCC and IEC material development. This position will supervise field based staff to ensure effective implementation and lead and contribute to development of project work plans, monthly progress report and performance reports etc. This is a full-time position based in Kolkata, and it will report to the respective Team Leader of the project.
Designation: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene(WASH) Expert - One Position
Educational Qualification and Experience:
Master’s degree from a recognized university in any of the following: Environmental Science, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, Public Health or a related field associated with water supply, sanitation and hygiene behaviour change.
Minimum Five to Ten years’ professional work experience to implement WASH projects in urban or rural areas of the state in social development and engineering, project administration, capacity building and training, monitoring and evaluation, multi-stakeholder planning and knowledge management. Working experience with International Organization will be an added advantage.
C. Language Proficiency:
Exceptional communications and presentation skills both written and oral in English and Bengali for all positions
The WASH expert will mainly be responsible for:
• Responsible for implementing and monitoring and technical inputs in activities under the project
• Contribute to the design of technical training, work planning, awareness programs, IEC materials and content development based on technical requirements of the project
• Lead the development of project work plans, ensuring that targets are met and project outcomes are achieved.
• Work closely with project staff, government entities, and other stakeholders to design and implement targeted strategies for the improved community participation in improving the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene practice among the community in the project location.
• Support Implementation of smart water management and establishment of customer service centers in the GPs, monitoring and organizing certified training to the GP stakeholders
• Support implementation of Government Order on Asset Management and Service Delivery
• Coordinating with the stakeholders and the service providers at district levels to implement the project successfully
• Liasoning local govt. bodies / local youth club / SHGs / Anganwadi / Health Centers and schools etc.
• Managing and supervising stakeholder’s different project activities as per guideline and controlling the quality of services
• Providing support to the partner NGOs to undertake community outreach/ mobilization activities at village/ Mouza / GP levels to improve community participation and mobilization
• Should have the expertise to lead and guide the team to conduct the following activities mapping through Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), conducting baseline, endline and Knowledge Attitude Practice (KAP) survey, Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) campaign, Focus Group Discussion(FGD), IEC development etc.
• Conduct periodic project reviews and prepare project reports for management and outside as and when required.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with multi-stakeholders
• The candidate should be open to travel to neighboring districts of West Bengal.
• Any other task as and when assigned by authority
Salary Range: Salary will commensurate with the qualification and experience with other facilities like PF, gratuity, Accidental Policy, ESI/Mediclaim etc.
Interested candidates should send their CV by 31st July 2019 to with “Application for [applied post name]” in the subject-line of the email. Please mention your current/last, expected salary and notice period in email.