About the Organization:
WASSAN (Watershed Support Services and Activities Network), is established in 1999 in Hyderabad. WASSAN Group of Institutions consisting of WASSAN (Watershed Support Service and Activities Network, registered as a Charitable Trust) and WASSAN Foundation (Registered as Not for Profit Company under Section 25C), Hyderabad is a group of national level support and resource organization. WASSAN's efforts are mainly to improve policy and practice related to rain-fed agriculture; natural resource management and livelihoods promotion following watershed management principles. WASSAN strives to promote an integrated approach by addressing issues related to soils, seeds, crop systems, water (surface and groundwater); livestock; poultry; fisheries; institutions; community centric approaches and support systems for credit, enterprise, business, trade and markets.
Currently, WASSAN is working as a strategic resource partner with various departments of the State Government, Andhra Pradesh for the Conceptualization, roll out and grounding of various development programs.
Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP), Department of Agriculture (DoA) is implementing Andhra Pradesh ‘Zero-Budget’ Natural Farming (APZBNF) Programme, through Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (RySS) in support with Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives Pvt Ltd.
Zero-Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) is a holistic alternative to the present paradigm of high-cost chemical inputs-based agriculture. It is very effective in addressing the uncertainties of climate change. ZBNF principles are in harmony with the principles of Agroecology. Its uniqueness is that it is based on the latest scientific discoveries in Agriculture, and, at the same time it is rooted in Indian tradition.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people with interest and excitement in contributing to the sustainability of natural resources, better agriculture and enhancing livelihoods of farmers and marginalized.
State Anchor to coordinate implementation of large scale program in Andhra Pradesh
Roles and responsibilities:
• Preparation of framework for the project implementation, managing project cycles and ensure the execution accordingly
• Design and Develop the data flow for the monitoring and evaluation of the program
• Review and monitor the program activities and incorporate necessary course correction
• Coordinate with the donors/departments for the timely release of budget and for other HR requirements
• Ensuring the efficient budget allocation and resource planning
• Monitor, supervise and guide the staff working in the program for achieving target
• Engaging with the community based organizations and other entities for the implementation of the project
• Liaison with various government departments at state and district levels
• Represent the organization during the state/district level meetings and reviews with the government institutions
• Reporting and documentation of project activities
• Technical support as and when necessary for the program activities
• The candidate is expected to perform financial budgeting and involve in Business development
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the works to be undertaken, it is expected that the candidate to undertake other activities as well.
• Post-graduation in any relevant discipline, about 3 years of working experience in rural areas and self-motivated to make a difference
Skills & Competencies:
• Project Management and use of necessary PM tools(MS Project)
• Effective relationship management and people management skills
• Strong documentation, reporting and presentation skills
• Proficiency in the use of Windows packages- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Read, write, and speak: Telugu and English
The job involves 10-12 days travel in a month in the project areas
Compensation: Up to Rs. 7.8 Lakhs per annum (negotiable)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may send in their resume along with a brief note on their interest in the job; to the email id: .
To submit your CV and other documents, visit https://www.wassan.org/iw/workplace/index.php
Last Date of application is July 31st, 2019