Water Governance Project Coordinator
- Position Type: Part-time, National or International
- Location: Vientiane, Lao PDR
- Input: Up to 100 days, until 30 June 2020
The Laos-Australia Development Learning Facility (LADLF) seeks to recruit a Water Governance (WG) Project Coordinator to join the Australian Embassy’s Water Team and support the Embassy fulfilling its role of chair of the MRC Development Partners Group between now and June 2020. Under of the supervision of the First Secretary (Water and Regional) and the Program Manager (Water), the Project Coordinator will provide services which include but are not limited to:
a. Coordination of MRC Development Partners’ input on:
- A light touch review/update of the Basin Development Strategy 2021-2030;
- MRC Strategic Plan 2021-2025;
- Update of the MRC Financial manual;
- Update of the Mekong Basin-wide Sustainable Hydropower Development Strategy;
- Update of the Design Guidance for mainstream projects.
- Annual Workplan 2020
- Annual Report 2019
- Mid-Year Report 2020
- Monitor implementation progress of MRC’s Mid Term Review
b. Coordination and facilitation of MRC Governance Meetings:
- Technical Meeting on 2020 Annual Workplan in October 2019
- Regional Stakeholder Consultations in October 2019
- Budget Committee meeting in November 2019
- MRC Council meeting in November 2019
- Annual Consultations in June 2020
- Budget Committee meeting in June 2020
- Informal Donor Meeting in June 2020
c. Liaison and coordination with other MRC stakeholders including Save the Mekong Coalition
d. Support as required implementation of DFAT’s Greater Mekong Water Resources Program
Required Skills and Expertise
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in transboundary water governance and/or international development or related field.
- Understanding of MRC’s governance systems, policies, programs and procedures.
- An advanced university degree in a relevant field.
- Outstanding English language written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience working with government stakeholders in Lao PDR and/or the Mekong Region.
- Demonstrated ability to quality assure and proof written content and enhance to high quality standards.
- Strong organisational and coordination skills.
- Strong awareness of social development issues, particularly gender.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to be a strong team player and to work independently as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working with MRC and/or on MRC-funded activities
- Experience working with DFAT or on DFAT-funded activities.
The Coordinator will be contracted by LADLF and work from the Australian Embassy in Vientiane, providing services to the Water & Regional Team. They will be managed and report to the First Secretary (Water and Regional) and work in close cooperation with the Program Manager (Water).
LADLF will only act as contracting agency on behalf of DFAT. A timesheet shall be maintained using a template provided by LADLF. Claimed time will be reviewed and authorised for payment by the LADLF Director.
For more info: please find PDF.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter that address the position requirements no later than 04 Aug 2019 to
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants will be requested to participate in an interview process as well as undertake a background check in line with LADLF recruitment policies and procedures.