General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 3,000 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
- WASH response (including water stations, disinfection, hygiene promotion) in communities
- Distribution of cholera kits
- Lead the GOAL Haiti response and seconded colleagues
Duties and responsibilities
Under the line management of the Country Director, with the WASH Lead will be responsible for:
- Leading Cholera Response teams and start implementation in the field
- Setting up and implementing the project in the area of intervention as per project proposal; identification of beneficiaries, identification of project locations, undertake market assessments and participate to multi-sector assessments, ensure distribution of Cholera kits, Hygiene promotion and water scheme rehabilitation
- Ensuring the continuous monitoring of the project activity is implemented and recommendations applied, in close collaboration with MEAL team and under the supervision of the PM;
- Reporting on the project progress, issues met and solutions
- Ensuring quality of the distributions, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of distributions
Skills and experience:
- At least 4 years’ experience in emergency WASH activities
- Strong programme management skills
- Very good interpersonal skills with experience managing external stakeholders in emergency settings
- Ability to operate safely and effectively in a security sensitive environment
- Experience in delivering training and staff capacity building
Strong line management capability
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.