Freshwater Programme Manager
Are you a dynamic, innovative and impact driven individual who would like to contribute to conservation? Then you are the candidate that WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is looking for. WWF is an International Non-Governmental Organization that deals with conservation of nature. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Duty Post: Lusaka.
The Freshwater Programme Manager is responsible for the design and implementation of the Freshwater programme as well as coordination of relevant activities under different modules. The major function for this position is to provide leadership for the development and coordinated implementation of the Freshwater programme and ensuring that programme partners tasked with leading specific modules are managing their modules effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures that the Freshwater programme remains relevant to national priorities, civil society, and is aligned with the WWF Global Goals and Freshwater Practice outcomes.
- Consults with relevant specialists/consultants externally and within the Network to gather information relevant to the development and implementation of the Freshwater programme; including coordinating WWF ZCO freshwater inputs into the WWF Freshwater Practice and other practices.
- Effective and efficient implementation through developing annual programme work plans and budgets with clear priorities; including identifying opportunities for program improvement; and
- Ensures synergy and integration of freshwater work and other programs in WWF ZCO.
- Ensures that the programme is, as necessary, coordinated with existing and new projects;
- In coordination with the Conservation Manager and other senior management staff, reviews all project proposals/budgets prior to submission to donors to ensure that they are designed/planned in accordance with WWF Project and Programme Management Standards (PPMS).
- Provides technical leadership and support related to Freshwater programme interventions and approaches;
- Develop and implement protocols with technical assistance from senior management staff and stakeholders for targeted monitoring and evaluation of the programme performance;
- Provides technical assistance all relevant WWF ZCO staff and partners to ensure that implementation and monitoring freshwater programme activities are on course and efficient.
- Facilitate or support research initiatives designed to generate information on identified priority aspects related to programme development and implementation;
- Participate in the development of overall and partner-specific WWF Zambia partnership strategies, including fundraising components to Freshwater interventions and innovations;
- Ensures strategic/policy engagement with relevant international and national stakeholders on Freshwater related issues.
- At least a Masters-level degree in an appropriate conservation field (hydrology, environment /natural resource management / forestry / wildlife / freshwater / terrestrial ecology). Additional academic training or a degree in a management field would be a strong asset;
- At least 10 years of experience – including at least five years of field work – leading, developing, and managing programmes / large-scale projects in one or more of the above-mentioned fields. Experience with multi-disciplinary teams, as well as familiarity with the Southern Africa region, would be a strong asset;
- Knowledge of and experience with monitoring and evaluation of programmes / projects; and
- Knowledge of the institutional and legal framework pertaining to water resources management in the region as well as of relevant policy issues would be an added advantage.
How to apply?
Applications must include a cover letter and CV with full contact details of three referees sent as one file with subject line “Freshwater Programme Manager – Zambia”, to The People, Culture & Operations Manager – Zambia through email@example.com by 15 August 2019.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.