Duration – 5 Months
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF, is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. Water Aid’s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. The head office is in New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular, through direct services, and millions more through our influencing work.
WaterAid India is seeking a Delhi based Consultant Research Associate to carry out research into groundwater status, related policies, governance and institutional arrangements in the parts of India where WaterAid is active. The work is part of a wider piece of research planned across multiple countries under the HSBC Water Programme II, which WaterAid has been implementing in countries across South Asia and West Africa – working towards accelerating the achievement of improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene at the local level, addressing challenges such as climate change and water security.
The research is split into three work areas:
- Provide a synopsis of the groundwater characteristics and key threats in each of the areas where WaterAid is working;
- Assess the effectiveness of groundwater governance and management relevant to the threats and risks identified in (i); and
- Develop recommendations on how water security considerations, with specific reference to groundwater, could be better integrated in to WaterAid’s programmes and policy work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Water Resources Management, or a relevant discipline.
- 5 years of experience in groundwater related research.
- Experience developing written communications such as scientific articles and presentations related to water security, climate change, IWRM, and/or WASH.
- Experience in literature review and information synthesis
- Experience in reading and understanding
- Demonstrated understanding of water security concepts and approaches.
- Ability to read and understand regulations and laws on groundwater and water resources management in India
- Ability to conduct interview with senior Government officials
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention position and location in the subject line “Consultant - Research Associate”.
- Please save the application form with your name and position, you have applied. Completed applications should be sent to ">
- Closing date: 21 July 2019.
- Applications are being considered on rolling basis.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated for the interview.