Local recruitment: Development of a National Adaptation Plan (NAP) for Peru
Organization: International Institute for Sustainable Development
Duty Station: Lima, Peru
Duration: Six months.
Application deadline: July 26, 2019
The purpose of this contractual assignment is to develop the National Adaptation Plan, considered the strategic tool to steer adaptation to climate change at national and sub-national levels, as set out in Peru’s Framework Law on Climate Change and the Paris Agreement. Note that this work will be undertaken exclusively in Spanish and in close cooperation with the Peruvian Ministry of the Environment, Ministerio del Ambiente (MINAM).
The components of this work are:
- Organization and preparation of the NAP
- Evidence-based analysis of the risks associated with the effects of climate change
- Formulation of the NAP and its implementation strategy
- Monitoring and evaluation of the NAP
- Financing strategy
The contract shall be awarded to a firm and composed of a team of at least five professionals with the following profiles:
- Background: Professional in environmental sciences, social sciences, engineering, architecture or similar related to this assignment. Post-graduate studies or specialization in public management, strategic planning, sustainable development, adaptation to climate change and monitoring and evaluation, mainly.
- At least 10 years of general experience and five years of specific experience in processes related to public policy, integrated management of climate change and/or governance.
- Post-graduate studies or specialization in public management, strategic planning, sustainable development and/or adaptation to climate change. Expertise in the formulation of planning instruments related to adaptation to climate change at international, national and/or sub-national levels.
- General experience of at least five years and three years of specific experience in the integrated management of climate change, public policy, strategic planning, governance and/or monitoring and evaluation at national and/or sub-national levels, and strategic communication.
- Experience in the field of adaptation to climate change in health, fisheries/aquaculture, forestry, agriculture, water or other areas of national priority and importance.
- Skilled in processes related to the integrated management of climate change, strategic planning, public investment, public management and/or regional foresight exercises, accredited by records and/or certification of having led training course(s) or workshop(s) for at least 24 hours.
- The team should also include: one professional responsible for integrating cross-cutting themes; one professional responsible for the development of geo-referenced information, metadata and indicator systems and other information required for the NAP; and one professional responsible for integrating the NAP Communications Plan developed by the DGCCD communications team and the development of specific tools and products for its advocacy, positioning and implementation.
How to Apply: To apply for this assignment, please submit a technical proposal (including team member CVs), and a financial proposal (developed in USD) all in Spanish to: firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, July 26, 2019.