Job Title: Communications Manager
Our mission is simple: Stop the climate crisis.
Our bar is high: We need 100% of our team to be 100% in. With our small but highly motivated and mighty team, we have to be fast-paced, organized, data driven, nimble, creative, diligent, and fun.
We’re looking for passionate and dedicated advocate who wakes up every day ready to join hands with allies to fight for the right of all people to breathe clean air and drink clean water; live in safe, affordable, and healthy homes; access affordable public transportation that leads to economic opportunity; and prosper with green jobs that pay family-sustaining wages.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in getting things done independently and successfully, will fearlessly and proactively tackle new challenges and responsibilities, crave working in a fast-paced and demanding high-profile environment, think creatively and analytically, and be flexible, highly organized, and seriously dedicated to stopping climate change and saving the world. The candidate will also enjoy and value relationship-building with people from all backgrounds, places and experiences.
CAC is seeking someone to help lead, plan, and implement the following functions under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director and Director of Development. We are looking for a skilled communicator who will help amplify our educational content and creative brand across all platforms. The Communications Manager will leverage the power storytelling to cultivate relationships with our members, grantors, and decision-makers through newsletters, e-blasts, social media, press releases, contributed articles and website. The Communications Manager will lead and propel a robust communications strategy to engage an even bigger audience.
- Communications: Brand development, messaging, storytelling, traditional media (press releases, media alerts, pitching, press events), email campaigns, social media, website content, newsletters and action alerts, and designing and editing infographics.
- Events: Support Director of Development with planning and executing social, fundraising, and educational events for members, donors, and the public.
- Community Education and Outreach: Coordinate with and present our vision and work to community organizations, businesses, and members.
- General Administrative Support:
- Assist staff with formatting documents/proposals, generating reports and developing materials for presentations and press events.
- Provide general support, as needed, for ED and staff.
You are a good fit if:
- You have at least three years of work experience in communications, public relations, or journalism, ideally in a non-profit environment.
- You have strong working knowledge of policy and politics.
- Your writing, editing and verbal communication skills are supreme.
- You are a self-motivated, independent leader and a team player.
- You are both an analyst and a creative thinker.
- You are an independent worker who knows how to find solutions, but also knows when to ask for help.
- You are extremely organized, motivated, and capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating priorities for an array of projects in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining extreme attention to detail.
- You can work flexible hours to respond to position needs.
- You have an eye for design and visual details.
- You are experienced and savvy with social media, but also love meeting new people in person and building relationships.
- You are committed to the end result, and you love what you do and what CAC does.
- Excellent writing and content creation skills.
- Experience with the following software: Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Experience with technologies and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and outside-the-box ideas for social media.
- Excellent media relations skills.
- High-level creative writing/storytelling skills; strong editing skills.
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous.
- Experience with the following software: Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, Piktochart, or other design software experience.
- Foster a friendly, welcoming environment.
- Organize work, set priorities, and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Take direction and work within deadlines in support of ED and staff.
- Handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Assist with tasks outside of communications area as needed
Location: Our office is in University Heights in San Diego, but we are often throughout the region, meeting with government officials, businesses, and community advocates, as well as working remotely at home to save time and commuting costs.
Benefits: Health and dental insurance and paid time off. The salary range for this full-time, exempt position is between $50,000 and $55,000 per year commensurate with work experience, skills and educational background.
How to apply: Send cover letter explaining why you want to work at Climate Action Campaign and why you would be a good fit, resume, and at least three professional references to with the Subject: Communications Manager.
Deadline: We are looking to hire as soon as possible, but the position is open until we find the perfect fit.
Climate Action Campaign 4452 Park Blvd, Suite 209, San Diego, CA 92116 www.climateactioncampaign.org | | 619-419-1222
How To Apply
Send cover letter explaining why you want to work at Climate Action Campaign and why you would be a good fit, resume, and at least three professional references to with the Subject: Communications Manager.