BORDA e.V. (Bremen Overseas Research & Development Association) is an expert NGO from Germany specialized in full-cycle decentralized sanitation and small town integrated urban development. For over 40 years, our award-winning solutions have empowered people and set new standards in 20+ countries around the world. We aim to play a leading role in international efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. We have been actively implementing project in South Asia for last 30+ years through our local partners. Through earned trust and strong partnerships, our locally tailored solutions bring together sustainable technology, holistic planning, and supportive long-term policies. Our key areas of action including planning, project coordination and supervision support to partners, capacity building and dissemination of project learnings. We are a professional organization and a great place to work which strives to create passionate and driven individuals who want to make a large social impact.
The Project Manager manages key projects and ensures smooth day-to-day functioning of the project office. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Plan, execute, monitor and summarize and report progress of project.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Technical and feasibility study, definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure resource availability and allocation, lead and mentor the team
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Manage the team, delegate project tasks based on team and individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other team members
- Maintain relations with all stakeholders and establish effective linkages with similar NGOs/ institutions and Government departments to share lessons learnt
- Coordinate capacity building activities, trainings, meetings, workshops and seminars for all the identified stakeholders
- Actively involve in new proposals, business development activities, capacity building and other organizational initiatives.
Qualifications, Experience and Eligibility
- Master’s degree in engineering, technology, public health, urban planning, environment or other relevant fields related to water management and urban development
- Minimum of 10 to 12 years’ experience with predominant exposure to water and urban development projects, through all stages of life cycle
- Experience working with environmental and community programs within Integrated water management solutions and other nature-based solutions
- Understanding of project budgeting & basic financial management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, etc
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Willingness to travel for projects and various connects/conferences as and when required
- Experience in project delivery for the Govt is a plus.
- Sector insights and experience with NGO, non-profit, intergovernmental, quasi-govt organisations is an added advantage.