Team Leader (NRM, Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction)
The Team Leader leads and supervises the portfolio team and works in close collaboration with the governance and livelihood / poverty teams, Operations team in the Country Office (CO), Programme staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff as well as Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society to successfully implement the UNDP programme.
Reporting structure: Reports to Deputy Resident Representative; 9 direct reports including 2 Chief Technical Specialists at P4 level (matrixed reporting with DRR).
Summary of Key Functions:
- As a member of the CO management team, ensures the strategic direction of the portfolio focusing on achievement of results.
- Ensures effective management of the portfolio and supervision of the unit members focusing on quality control of the full cycle of programming from formulation to implementation.
- Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships and supports the resource mobilization.
- Ensures provision of top quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Development, Public Administration, Economics, Environmental or Natural Sciences, Environmental Management or Policy or related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience at the international level with progressive responsibility in the fields of NRM, Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction, UXOs / Mine Action or other relevant areas.
- Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects. Knowledge and hands-on experience of management of vertical funds (e.g. GEF, Green Climate) will be an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.