Job ID 10017901
Location Burbank, California, United States
Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Date posted Oct. 03, 2022
Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
– This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Environmental Sustainability Data Inventory Graduate Intern, Spring 2023
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
At Disney, we believe that there are no limits to where creativity and imagination can take us. In our stories, we find examples of those inspired to envision a brighter tomorrow and the aspiration to make that dream come true. Our unique approach to citizenship is rooted in the entertainment that we create and the special relationship we have with kids and families around the world. Our assets and our reach provide us with an opportunity to inspire audiences everywhere to join us in taking action and caring for the world we share. This opportunity to inspire guides our work across citizenship. It is at the core of our citizenship mission to conduct our business and create products in an ethical manner and promote the happiness and well-being of kids and families everywhere.
Our commitment to environmental stewardship focuses on using resources wisely and protecting the planet as we operate and grow our business. Environmental Sustainability, part of the Disney Enterprise Social Responsibility, is responsible for supporting the Company’s focus on its environmental goals. This group leads the ongoing development of Disney’s environmental footprint assessment and collaborates with business units to create metrics and processes that will enable the company to achieve aggressive goals to reduce its environmental impact.
Current projects include conducting greenhouse gas emissions, water, and waste inventories enterprise wide; developing strategies to reduce our environmental footprint; evaluating new project designs for sustainability; and researching emerging environmental sustainability issues.
Make an impact by…
The intern’s primary focus will be to:
- Support environmental database including configuration of data input screens, visual dashboards, metric development, and creation of custom reports to provide progress updates to various internal business unit partners
- Assist with quarterly environmental data collection
- Manage development of internal website supporting environmental programs
- Support analysis of environmental impacts in the company’s value chain
- Support water stewardship program
- Assist in monitoring project portfolio, including but not limited to coordinating communications with external organizations, reviewing project updates, updating relevant supporting materials
- Support communication efforts: preparation of quarterly reports, data analysis, summaries, presentations, benchmarking, coordinate updates to website
- Support creation of visual and media assets for environmental initiatives
The intern will provide assistance on a secondary basis:
- Track developments in domestic and international carbon markets, climate and water issues
- Create briefs on key environmental issues impacting climate, water, waste, manufacturing
- Assist in various research and team projects as they arise
What you bring to the role…
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with experience collecting, validating, analyzing, reporting, and summarizing data
- Expert user of Excel (pivot tables, charts, formulas)
- Strong skills in process management, documentation, and communication skills
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Excellent ability to create organized, comprehensive, and clear briefs
- Experience with sustainability, climate change, corporate citizenship, and environmental issues (regulations, developing legislation, industry trends)
- Familiarity with organizations working in the CSR space (i.e. environmental NGOs, non-profits, thought leaders)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- Interested in applying an analytical education to environmental issues; such as waste, water resources management and climate change.
It would be nice if you also had…
- Experience working on supply chain engagement and energy markets
- Proficiency in Photoshop or similar tools
- Experience in graphic design for infographics or presentations
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI
- Familiarity with carbon markets and financial instruments
- Familiarity with environmental data reporting frameworks
- Currently a graduate student working on a graduate degree in the following areas: engineering, environmental science & management, forestry, ecology, sustainability, communications, computer science, or data analytics
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- The approximate dates of this internship are January – June 2023
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- This internship is a hybrid position — Must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation for work in the Burbank, CA area. Also requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.