Ethiopia nationals: WASH Officer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is present in five regions in Ethiopia, providing refugees and internally displaced people with emergency relief and help them to rebuild their lives. NRC works within the sectors of Education, Shelter, WASH, Livelihood and Food Security, ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), and Child Protection. The purpose of the position is to assist in the day today implementation of the Sanitation infrastructure project. Use action and essential works such as conduct or assist and professional development plan.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all position with the same title. Detail belong in the work and professional development plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepared and develop status report as required by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure proper filling of document.
- Proper management of field staff.
- Prepared implementation schedule, (work plan, procurement plan etc.) for every task.
- Prepared design, BOQ and specification for any required structures.
- Prepared Contract and completion certificate for the (contractors, incentives, casuals, labors...etc.)
- Carry out data collection and proper recording (beneficiary, pre-qualified labor, incentive etc.)
- Verified and procured construction materials quantity and quality.
- Follow up/supervise Sanitation infrastructure completion and quality within the time frame
- Follow up on the transportation of materials to the field from the workshop according to the schedules.
- Attending/representing the organization at the filed coordination on specific c/c meetings
- Setting and follow up of daily activities, weekly, plans and reporting.
- Supervise physical shelter/sanitation infrastructure construction activities, carpenters, incentives workers, both at the field and workshops
- Experience in undertaking similar role minimum 2 years.
- BSC (civil, construction management, Hydraulic and building engineering…etc.) any construction related engineering
- Good ability on communicate, team building and willingness to learn from others and shared.
- Understanding the context of the operational area culture, religious and others.
- Experience with humanitarian actors.
- Engineering sciences & technology
Commencement: ASAP, shortlisting and Interviews will continue as applications are received
Contract period: six months with possibilities of extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
Duty station: Gambella with travel to the fields