Job Title: Roster of Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) Trainers to be engaged across different locations in India for MHM Training of Trainers (ToTs).
Closing Date for Application Submission: 19th July 2019
Institute of Development Support (IDS), Dehradun is recruiting Menstrual Hygiene Management trainers to work on WSSCC approach to work across different locations in India.
- IDS is trying to build a pool 'MHM Trainers’ on WSSCC’S MHM approach, to fill a requirement through a faster contracting process as soon as a training needis identified at district/ state level.
- Candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to apply in reply to an announcement, following which a desk review of their skills and experience will be done to see their suitability as MHM trainer. Selected candidates will be trained on WSSCC’s MHM training approach. On successful completion of training the list of trainers will beincluded in an MHM Roster for 6 months.
- Selected Trainers will work on rotational basis as and when required across different locations of India.
The requirement of MHM Trainers would be to provide training at the national / state / divisional / district level levels in India with specific deliverables to be achieved for improved WASH outcomes. Possible locations are: New Delhi, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and other states as per requirement.
The following qualifications will be required from prospective interested candidates:
- Graduate/Post Graduate degree in Environmental Sciences and Management/ Population sciences/ Social Sciences and social work/ / Public Health/ Rural Development and Management/ Monitoring and Evaluation/ Research/ / Emergency preparedness and Response, and related fields
- Technical knowledge: Knowledge about WASH programs including in context of India. Knowledge/familiarity with the national WASH flagship programs - SBM(G), WASH in School, WASH in Health Centers, Water Supply and NRDWP programmes and its status in the India and states,
- Experience of working in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene sector /Livelihoods/Women and Child Development/ Education/ Health capacity building (CB)/Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC)/Development programmes in urban areas;
- Participation as a trainee/trainer in WASH/MHM trainings/workshops is an additional asset.
- Freshers with good facilitation skills and willing to work on MHM can also apply.
The trainers must have the following competencies:
- Availability and ability to travel, including to remote and rural areas on short notice. Thorough understanding of gender, menstrual hygiene management and equality and non-discrimination.
- Knowledge and understanding of WASH and related concepts including collective behavior change, Community Led Total Sanitation.
- Report writing (including data collection) and communication skills
- Facilitation skills as per participatory methodologies.
- Strong speaking and writing skills in Hindi and English, additional regional language is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CVs along with a suitability note (Single Word Format only) at and . Please mention “MHM Trainer” in the subject line.