Intern (m/f/d) in Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences
Your will join the GIZ PAUWES team to support its advisory and efforts in capacity development of partners at the Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences (incl. Climate Change) PAUWES. As part of the Pan African University, which was established by the African Union, PAUWES aims to equip students with problem-solving skills, specialist expertise in development sectors, and contribute to their understanding of African integration. The PAU will provide solutions and innovations through cutting-edge research and in the long run, the PAU shall undertake national, regional and Pan African policy related research.
As an intern with the GIZ PAUWES team, you will be integrated in the daily operations. You will:
- Support processes in organizational development / higher education management;
- Support in the development of rules and regulations, introduction of quality assurance, in the process of developing a new curriculum in climate change;
- Support activities in academic planning and implementation incl. academic calendars, recruitment of students and short-term lecturers, student services;
- Support in the conceptualization of the PAU Entrepreneurship Hub to be operationalized by PAUWES;
- Support in project management, monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
- Support the organization, execution and documentation of meetings, events, conferences and workshops as well as general reporting activities to stakeholders;
- Support in the recruitment of external short-term experts incl. compilation of terms of references for related positions and search for suitable candidates.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Education Management or Water and Energy Sciences or related field
- Strong interpersonal skill in multi-cultural environments
- Very good knowledge of MS Office affinity towards digitalization and project management tools
- First experience in international cooperation would be an asset
- Excellent spoken and written French and English required, German would be an asset
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.580,- (gross). Depending on the country of assignment a monthly expatriation allowance (gross), predetermined by GIZ will be paid on top.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Pagnac ( ).