Shelter and WASH Program Development Manager
Are you fluent in French and English and want to work in NRC's new country programme in Burkina Faso? Then you may be the candidate we are looking for.
NRC has started up activities in Burkina Faso just recently and are now in the process of recruiting skilled experts with different expertise. Among these are we looking for a highly qualified Shelter and WASH PDM.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can:
- Contribute to develop context analyses and outline strategic directions for an emergency focused Shelter/NFI and WASH programme in Burkina Faso and a longer term programme in Niger
- Support the development and implementation of needs assessments to identify areas of interventions and foster an evidence based response
- Ensure the adoption of appropriate WASH and Shelter designs and technologies, taking into account cost effectiveness, cultural awareness, protection of the environment
- Initiate Shelter/NFIs and WASH emergency response, with a strong protection lens and ensuring beneficiaries engagement at the maximum extent
- In close collaboration with the M&E Coordinator (when appointed) ensure the development of quality control and monitoring/evaluation standards for the Shelter and WASH response
- Support the development of a Rapid Response Mechanism, if relevant, in relation to the Shelter/NFI and WASH componentsEnsure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Represent NRC at relevant coordination forums (i.e. sector groups/clusters, donors, UN and other working groups
- Contribute to Advocacy initiatives in the CO with documents and information as required
Professional competencies for this position:
- Post-graduate with minimum 3 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Shelter & Settlement and WASH expertise
- Humanitarian coordination experience
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Burkina, Niger and the regional Sahel conflict dynamic
- Commencement: September 2019
- Contract period: 12 months with possibility of extension
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general conditions.
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure (See attached the NRC Grade structure)
- Duty Station : Burkina Faso, with missions to Niger
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
For the full Job Description, please find it attached.