Senior eLearning Advisor
The Senior e-Learning Advisor is responsible for the development of an innovative eLearning concept for the institute, which constitutes the core of the eLearning strategy and business plan. He/she provides vision and displays strategic and operational leadership in the management of an important online learning stimulation fund, and in the development of eLearning services and products. The Senior eLearning Advisor coordinates and provides leadership to the eLearning Support Team, a group of staff members from the Education Bureau and the IT group, who each contribute to the process of eLearning development and implementation. He/she works directly with content providers (academic staff) on the design of online learning products and inspires innovation by chairing a Community of Practice on eLearning and by implementing dissemination and training activities for staff and partner organisations. The Senior eLearning Advisor is part of a team of pedagogical experts that develops policies and instruments to enhance the quality of education and to catalyze innovations. He/she provides direct guidance to Programme Committees and Module Coordinators in the implementation of these policies.
- Develop an Institute wide e-learning strategy to support its strategic ambitions. Steer and coordinate the inputs of the eLearning Support Team;
- Facilitate the development of standards and procedures that support quality improvement in the online learning environment of IHE Delft, resulting in a marketable suite of e-learning products;
- Plan and manage e-learning development projects with tight deadlines. In these projects you bring together expertise from academic and support staff to develop content and formats for an optimal learning experience;
- Manage important stimulation funds to promote eLearning at IHE and its partner institutes;
- Deliver / organise training in developing and teaching online and blended courses to staff;
- Formulate and keep up-to-date the institute’s didactical concept for e-learning and ensure its proper application;
- Deliver expert inputs in capacity development projects, notably to strengthen the online capacities of partner institutes;
- Chair the Community of Practice on e-Learning and serve as secretary of the Special Committee on Life-Long Learning;
- All other common activities within the PMU.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Master of Education (MEd) in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related study;
- Team player with abilities to motivate staff and coordinate complex projects;
- At least 5 years of working experience in a higher education environment;
- Experience with using ICT in education, such as digital assessment, e-moderating, online teaching methods and platforms;
- At least 3 years of recent professional experience in curriculum design and/or course development in online education;
- Aware of technological and didactical developments in e-learning and associated tools; Experience with Moodle is an asset;
- Strategic thinker with capacities to mobilise support for innovation in education;
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency of English;
- Project management skills: solution-oriented and problem-solving capacities.
Terms of employment
The employment contract is for 1 fte. Scale 11/12 Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU).
IHE Delft offers an attractive, multiple choice employee benefits scheme, year-end bonus and generous pension scheme. The appointment implies entry into the Netherlands' Civil Service Pension Fund (ABP). We also offer 31 days’ leave based on a 38 hours working week. In principle, the selected candidate will be appointed for an initial fixed-term employment contract of one year with the possibility of a further fixed term contract for up to one year thereafter.
The above mentioned contract duration may differ in case of internal staff in comparison to external candidates.
Information and application
Additional information can be obtained from Mr. Erwin Ploeger, Head of the Education Bureau, (+31 15 215 1758 or ). Applicants are asked to submit their CV and motivation letter by July 19 2019 (closing date) to IHE Delft, attn. Human Resource Management (Email: ), stating vacancy-number 19-EB-03. Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.