Partnership Communications Manager (HSBC)
Want to use your skills in partnership communications to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as our Partnership Communications Manager - HSBC (8 months maternity cover) to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
As our Partnership Communications Manager for HSBC you will play a crucial role in developing and delivering the WaterAid communications strategy for the HSBC partnership and manage the relationship with communications teams at HSBC and the other NGO partners, WWF and Earthwatch.
You will be part of the Communications Projects and Partnerships Team which sits within the Brand and Creative Content Department and works to identify and maximise strategic communications opportunities and value for WaterAid.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as an exceptional pension fund, medical cash plans, an employee assistance programme, generous annual leave as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
In this role you'll develop and deliver a communications strategy for the final stages of the HSBC partnership from 2017 to 2020 and ensure the legacy of the HSBC Water Programme. This will include:
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders notably from the Corporate Partnerships team and the Communications teams across all of our members to ensure we maximise opportunities across all channels including digital, social and media.
- Planning and delivering bespoke, high profile communications activities that engage audiences in inspiring and innovative ways to ensure we maximise opportunities from the partnership in the final stages of the partnership term and beyond.
- Planning and managing a six-figure budget for communications.
- Acting as a brand guardian for the partnership.
- Working with the film and photo teams to provide a regular flow of case studies and stories from our work.
- Identifying issues which could potentially damage WaterAid's or HSBC's reputation and recommend actions to mitigate this risk including media lines to take.
- Work closely with the policy department to find cross-working opportunities in relation to sustainable development.
- Evaluating and reporting on progress and success of activities and devising end of programme reporting and communications activities.
- Working closely with communications teams from HSBC, Earthwatch and WWF on multilateral communications projects, including events and publications.
- Managing the communications workflow of the Partnerships and Communications Officer, delegating and providing support where appropriate.
- Proactively seeking strategic opportunities to communicate with audiences.
To be successful, you'll need:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Solid experience developing and implementing communications strategies which engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven experience of project management at a strategic level, working with senior stakeholders.
- Strong commercial acumen and proven experience of delivering communications activities.
- Excellent, organised and thorough approach to planning and managing projects, suppliers and budgets.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy and varied workload, often with multiple or conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent, accurate written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrable confidence and experience in effective stakeholder relationship management.
- Ability to generate and develop creative ideas, with a good eye for brand, design, film and photography.
- Knowledge of latest communications trends across a range of channels.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively as part of a team to drive results and successful outcomes.
- Good knowledge of story gathering and storytelling, ideally with experience of managing film and photography trips.
- Enthusiasm, drive and positivity, with the ability to use own initiative to meet deadlines on competing priorities.
- Commitment to WaterAid's values and a working style that reflects these.
- Ability to work varied hours, including occasional evening and weekend commitments.
- Experience of international development issues and/or working in the voluntary sector in a communications role.Post production experience in film and photography trips.
Visit the WaterAid careers page for a full job pack.
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Earn training scheme
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 28th July. Availability for interview is required 31st July.
Salary £38,000 with excellent benefits.