The Caribbean Water and Wastewater Association (CWWA) is one of the leading non-profit
organisations in the Caribbean’s water and waste sector. Headquartered in Trinidad and Tobago, the organisation is composed of professional, utility and corporate members in the field of either water, wastewater and/or solid waste. The CWWA brings together the Region’s water and sanitation community in regard to the protection of public health and the promotion of sustainable development. Through collective leadership, the Association has positively influenced advancements in technology, education, science, management, as well as country and regional policies in the water and sanitation fields.
The Executive Council, now seeks an accredited Executive Director to lead the preparation and execution of the Work Programme, Budget and Calendar of Activities of the Secretariat to advance the strategic direction of the Council.
The Executive Director Regularly reports to the Council on implementation.
Additional key responsibilities are to:
- Build and foster partnerships with Caribbean governments, development agencies, non- governmental organisations, the private sector and other stakeholders to galvanize the vision of the CWWA.
- Identify emerging trends and challenges in the Caribbean’s water and sanitation sectors and activate appropriate interventions/actions.
- Mobilise resources and funds to support the agreed Work Programme.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of appropriate training, conferences, projects and outreach activities.
- Ensure the provision of timely administrative support services to the Council and Committees of CWWA, and provide pertinent information necessary for the Council to function effectively and arrive at informed decisions.
- Provide leadership and management oversight of the Secretariat staff including evaluating and reporting on the Secretariat’s performance.
- Develop and implement internal administrative and human resources policies and management systems;
- Ensure proper maintenance of records of the CWWA and information dissemination to staff, members and other stakeholders.
- A postgraduate degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Finance, Civil Engineering or Environmental Sciences with at least 10 years working experience, 4 of which, should be in an executive leadership capacity.
- Specific experience in the Caribbean would be an asset.
- Training, special knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: Fundraising, Programme Administration, Strategy Development, Executive Management, Multilateral Development Institutions or Database Management.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills with a proven track record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling work environment.
- An exceptionally high ability to communicate effectively, sending clear messages to a diverse audience which includes the Council, senior Government officials, Executives and members.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate commercial offers and good knowledge of such factors as sources of supply, market trends, and pricing.
- Excellent negotiation skills in fundraising and conflict resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to foster networks and partnerships with governments, civic, professional and private organisations.
- Excellent representational skills that will enhance the profile and image of CWWA as being active in the Caribbean community.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position based at the CWWA’s Headquarters offered on a two-year renewable
contract basis. The compensation package is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications should include a letter of interest, your curriculum vitae and a listing of two
professional references (emails and telephone numbers) addressed to:
Caribbean Water & Wastewater Association
All applications should be submitted by 22 July, 2019 to .