Australia nationals: Water Resource Modelling Planner
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Bulk Water Allocation, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As the Water Resource Modelling Planner, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Team Leader, Bulk Water Allocation and the Water Resource Management Team in the areas of government water policy initiatives, water entitlement framework and allocation management. You will also support the implementation of the Melbourne Water System Strategy actions and water resource planning.
This is a 12-month fixed term opportunity.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Your Skills and Experience
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience of bulk water entitlements, water allocation frameworks, water resources policy and environmental water management
- Sound knowledge and/or experience in water resource system analysis and hydrological planning techniques and modelling tools
- Sound knowledge of regulatory environment as it applies to the water industry
- Experience in collaborating with Government departments, customers and other stakeholders.
- Effective interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate technical issues clearly and effectively with a wide range of people within Melbourne Water and external organisations
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with a tertiary degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.