|Job Title||Assistant Professor of Environmental and Natural Resource Economics|
|Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications||The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by December 1, 2022. Second consideration may be given to applications received by January 15, 2023. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (January 15, 2023) may not be given full consideration.|
________________________________________________________________________________________________________The Department of Environmental and Natural Resource Economics (ENRE) in the College of Environment and Life Sciences (CELS) at the University of Rhode Island (URI) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in environmental and/or natural resource economics. We seek applicants addressing high impact topics across the spectrum of environmental and natural resource management issues with focus on the Blue/Green Economy. The blue economy includes but is not limited to fisheries, marine resources, water, and coastal issues while the green economy includes but is not limited to agriculture, energy, and land use issues. URI is both a Sea Grant and Land Grant institution and has a broad research portfolio that includes fisheries aquaculture management, sustainable food and agriculture, renewable energy and policy, water use and management, and sustainable development.
This position will support these core elements of the ENRE program and the applicant will join a department whose faculty have local, regional, and national expertise in the United States and around the world. The ENRE Department welcomes applicants from historically marginalized communities and identities. The position will be an academic year appointment with an expected start date of September 2023.We invite individuals with a strong commitment to research, teaching, and experiential learning and mentorship at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The successful candidate will generate an internationally recognized program of research and scholarship at the intersection of science, human behavior, and the environment. The candidate is expected to contribute to teaching and experiential learning, exposing graduate and undergraduate students to the latest methods and technological advances. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to undergraduate (B.S.) and graduate programs (M.S. and Ph.D.) in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics.
Develop an externally funded research program, teach graduate and undergraduate classes, and support public engagement.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Publish original research in peer-reviewed academic journals and other significant research outputs.Establish a competitively funded research program.Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in ENRE program, ranging from freshman to Ph.D. courses. The position also allows for the creation and delivery of new and additional courses related to the ENRE curriculum.Provide advising, training, and research mentorship to undergraduate and graduate students.Provide service to the department, college, university, and profession.
Provide communication, outreach, and engagement with communities relevant to research programs.Perform other duties as required.
1. At the time of appointment date, a Ph.D. or equivalent in economics, applied economics, public policy, or a closely related field with training in Ph.D. level economics.2. Demonstrated ability to develop an independent research program as shown, for example, by research statement, lead author publications, presentations at national and international meetings, funded grants or awards, or other research outputs.3. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.4. Demonstrated proficiency in verbal communication skills.5. Evident potential to develop and instruct high quality undergraduate and graduate courses relevant to ENRE curriculum.6. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups, for example, of race, ethnicity or gender.Preferred:
1. Demonstrated experience in interdisciplinary collaborations.2. Demonstrated teaching and/or mentoring experience.3. Demonstrated previous success with research funding.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
|Union||AAUP – American Assoc of Univ Professors|
|Status||Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, Permanent|
|End Date of Restriction or Limitation|
|Department||Environmt & Nat. Resource Econ|
|Contact(s)||Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)|
|Extension Contingent on Funding Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Please attach the following 7 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:|
(1) Cover letter describing interest in the position, how you meet the required and preferred qualifications for the position, and your special expertise (as one complete document).(2) Curriculum Vitae, which should include information pertaining to the required and preferred qualifications for this position, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Please also include any grants or awards that have funded your work and briefly indicate your roles and responsibilities in that grant funded research (as one complete document).(3) Other Document – Graduate “unofficial” transcript(s) (if the candidate is currently a Ph.D. candidate or within three years of Ph.D. degree).(4) Statement describing your teaching philosophy, including experiences, approaches, classroom practices, and future plans (as one complete document).(5) Statement of research interests and future plans (as one complete document).(6) Other Document – Up to two-page diversity statement.(7) A sample of relevant scholarly writing (e.g., publications, working papers, dissertation chapters) (as one complete document).
(Note: Additionally, candidates must arrange three (3) letters of recommendation to be submitted through the JOE system (www.aeaweb.org/joe).
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Quicklink for Posting||https://jobs.uri.edu/postings/10684|
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Research Statement
- Other Document
- Writing Sample
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have or will you have, at the time of appointment date, a Ph.D. or equivalent in economics, applied economics, public policy, or a closely related field with training in Ph.D. level economics?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to develop an independent research program as shown, for example, by research statement, lead author publications, presentations at national and international meetings, funded grants or awards, or other research outputs?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in verbal communication skills?
- * Do you have evident potential to develop and instruct high quality undergraduate and graduate courses relevant to ENRE curriculum?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups, for example, of race, ethnicity, or gender?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral