WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Conservation Project Manager develops, manages and advances conservation programs with a primary role in working with internal and external stakeholders to project manage the work plans to ensure the strategy and objectives are met. This role will also be a conduit to ensure that content and reporting on the program are developed and communicated, both internally and externally, in an accurate and timely fashion. This role will also have a fundraising responsibility primarily focusing on foundations and government grants.
The Conservation Project Manager will liaise with TNC science team to provide technical leadership and support to TNC’s Hong Kong business unit looking over the planning and stewardship of work plans and stakeholder engagements. She/he will need to understand the ecological, social and market factors affecting the conservation programs in Hong Kong and contribute towards the strategy and its execution. The role will also need strong communication skills to foster cross-site learning among conservation community and works with the TNC planning teams across markets to build up information about the programs and build a portfolio for TNC Hong Kong. This includes working with stakeholders from internal TNC, particularly the science and management teams, and with external partners including community, partners, government and academia. The Conservation Project Manager will need a 360 view of the project from the pre-planning and negotiations, to the contract management, to the logistics of the work plan, to the reporting, measurements and communications of the projects. S/he coordinates community support and advances TNC’s brand in the market. This role will require a high level to details to coordinate multiple projects, set deadlines and manage completion. This role will also have a fundraising responsibility primarily focusing on foundations and government grants.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Liaises across different TNC teams for technical, advisory and on-grounds support.
- Liaises with external partners on developing project plans, managing the socialization process, and follow through on its execution on a timely basis to meet the goals.
- Works with communications and philanthropy teams to provide content and details for the Hong Kong programs to ensure visibility and support our fundraising goals.
- Manages all reporting for the Hong Kong conservation programs and ensures that KPIs are met.
- Manages the contracts and internal process. Ensures program compliance with internal policies and external requirements.
- Performs tasks with minimal supervision and makes independent decisions based on analysis, experience and judgment.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
- This role will also have a fundraising responsibility primarily focusing on foundations and government grants.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in natural resource management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the Hong Kong conservation landscape and the relevant stakeholders; with direct experience a definite advantage.
- Communication experience – both written and oral – to represent the programs.
- Experience working across multi-disciplinary staff, with different time zones.
- Experience using common software applications such as Word, Excel, web browsers, etc.
- Completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
- 3-5 years’ experience in natural resource management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability and willingness to apply science to decision-making and guide activities.
- Relationship building skills to work closely a variety of partners, i.e., media, government officials, internal Scientists.
- Familiarity with principles of land acquisition.
- Knowledge of ecological land management principles.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in conservation, land management and natural resource preservation, particularly in Hong Kong.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 44706, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 20, 2016.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact [email protected]*LI-
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Conservation Project Manager
Location: Hong Kong
Job ID: 44706
Full/Part Time: Full-Time