The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is implimenting a multi-year, multi-country project titled Solar Irrigation for Agriculture Resilience (SoLAR), with support from Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC). SoLAR contributes to climate-resilient, gender and socially inclusive agrarian livelihoods in the region by supporting government efforts in four countries to promote solar irrigation. The project works closely with government partners to achieve its objective.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will develop full working knowledge of the SoLAR project and build collaborative relationships with the project and support teams at IWMI HQ. You will oversee the coordination of SoLAR-related project activities and expenditures to ensure successful delivery of IWMI committments as reflected in the project agreement, operational plan and budget. You will collaborate with research and operational teams to monitor implementation progress and adaptively coordinate project activities and resource allocation in keeping with goals and targets. Serving as the principal (day-to-day) contact, you will facilitate effective communications and decision making in collaboration with the project leader, IWMI HQ and India-office. The Project Coordinator will also support the Country Representative-India as required. Specifically,
Project Progress Monitoring and Communication
- Prepare publications plans and ensure timely follow up and progress, inclusive of the project newsletter.
- Draft summaries of project outcomes.
- Collaborate with communications colleagues and research teams in Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan to conceptualize and deliver policy briefs at regular intervals.
- Create a communication strategy for the project and coordinate with collagues to ensure timely publication of project Newsletter.
- Verify the project data management requirements, develop a data management plan and ensure it is captured in the activity plan and implimented.
- Prepare and monitor the progress of all project activities, workplans, budget, and schedules in collaboration with the project leader.
- Convene regular meetings to discuss project progress, addressing project issues and escalating complex issues to appropriate levels.
- Plan and facilitate periodic weekly/monthly progress/update meetings with project staff and implementation partners.
- Monitor and coordinate with the project partners and the Innovation Fund (IF) Grantees to ensure timely and quality delivery of agreed outputs.
- Support, operationalize and facilitate stakeholder engagement, including workshops and other project events.
- Support the project communication team for timely dissemination of project activities and outputs to policymakers and the larger public.
- Prepare project progress reports, status updates, and assist Project Lead in regular communications with the donor and other stakeholders.
- Assist with any donor-contract specific project management activities.
Project Administration, Finance and Procurement
- In coordination with relevant IWMI units, support all financial, operational, logistical, procurement and accounting processes for the project, ensuring compliance with anti-corruption and due diligence processes.
- Support the preparation of project technical and financial reports in coordination with project leader, administration and finance teams.
- Monitor key deliverables, risk register, payments and contracts, including consultancies and service contracts.
- Complete and monitor a project plan/gantt chart and activity plans together with the project leader.
- Support project life cycle – including full budget utilization, completion of deliverables, clear partner expenditures /commitments and reports.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Advance degree with minimum 5 years of project management/administrative experience; experience documenting science research a plus.
- Sound programme management skills and demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Additional diploma courses on project management will be an added advantage.
- Effective listening skills, and excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated service approach, personal organisational and priority setting skills.
What we are offering:
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in India will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years with the possibility of extension.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply for the position by following the application instructions at www.iwmi.org/jobs. Include the names of 3 referees who may be contacted if you are shortlisted. We will be accepting applications through 24:00 (IST) September 26, 2022 but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.