Austrian Red Cross (AutRC) is looking for a WASH Delegate for immediate deployment to Juba, South Sudan. Main purpose of the position is to strengthen the emergency response capacity of the National Red Cross WASH department in order to provide quality services to the communities. Duration of the employment is limited to December 31, 2019.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the deployment of Water Purification Units (WPU) with assessment, mobilization, site selection, set up and operation
- Provide on the job training to staff and volunteers during WPU operation
- Identify and document shortcomings, potential improvements and recommendations for the piloted equipment of South Sudan Red Cross (SSRC)
- Ensure that interventions and operations meet the WASH sector standards and are in accordance with the IFRC policies and guidelines
- Write narrative reports based on activity statistics and other information as required by the AutRC Program Manager
- Apply experience and document lessons learnt for future operations of the SSRC and the RCRC movement
- Contribute to define a potential WASH capacity building strategy, concept note and project partners
YOUR PROFILE AND SKILLS:
- University degree and/or professional qualification in engineering, WASH or equivalent education
- At least three years working experience in the humanitarian or development sector, with focus on WASH
- Field experience in humanitarian reconstruction work in the WASH sector
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, flexibility and strong motivation
- Experience in the International Red Cross and Red Crescent movement is an asset
To apply for this opportunity, please send us your application until July 14, 2019.
With respect to the employment contract, Austrian law is applicable (incl. labour tax and social insurance). Please note, that individual questions regarding the transfer of retirement and insurance contributions into another country have to be clarified by the applicants themselves.