- Ongoing or non-ongoing opportunity
- $80,988 – $89,133 plus 15.4% superannuation
- Adelaide, Canberra, Goondiwindi, Griffith, Mildura, Murray Bridge, Toowoomba and Wodonga* *Our preferred locations are Canberra, Goondiwindi, Griffith and Mildura. Suitable candidates seeking Adelaide, Murray-Bridge, Toowoomba and Wodonga locations will be placed on an order of merit pending office capacity becoming available. Other locations may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Who are we:
With the enactment of the Water Act 2007 (Cth), the Murray–Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) was established as an independent expertise-based statutory agency.
For the first time in the Basin’s history, one Basin-wide institution is responsible for planning the Basin’s water resources, with all planning decisions made in the interest of the Basin as a whole.
Our most important work is to:
• prepare, implement and review an integrated plan for the sustainable use of the Basin’s water resources
• operate the River Murray system and efficiently deliver water to users on behalf of partner governments
• measure, monitor and record the quality and quantity of the Basin’s water resources
• supporting, encourage and conduct research and investigations about the Basin’s water resources and dependent ecosystems
• advise the Australian Government Minister responsible for water on the accreditation of state water resource plans
• provide water rights information to facilitate water trading across the Basin
• engage and educate the Australian community about the Basin’s water resources.
At the MDBA, we are committed to diversity and inclusion across our workforce, and in the way that we work. We recognise the importance of making the best use of the unique perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills across our regionalised organisation. We strive to create a workplace where our people flourish in a welcoming and culturally safe environment. We encourage and welcome applications from people with disability, First Nations peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
Who are we looking for:
The Project Officer will:
• Develop and support the implementation of projects which aim to increase the ecological, social and First Nations outcomes from environmental water and other natural resource management activities
• Undertake research, analysis and problem-solving to support the successful resolution of natural resource management and policy issues within the Murray-Darling Basin
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders including team members, government and non-government organisations, First Nations people and their representative organisations, and members of the wider community
• Assist with the preparation and coordination of briefing material, correspondence, submissions, contracts and other policy or operational documents
• Represent, liaise and negotiate on behalf of the MDBA with tact, professionalism, patience and in a culturally sensitive and safe manner
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed team
Relocation packages are available, and we are committed to a flexible and inclusive workplace that will suit you and your individual needs. Joining us means you will contribute your expertise as part of an agile working environment that offers an attractive salary package, including up to 15.4% superannuation. You will also be eligible to receive a wide range of employee benefits, support for flexible working arrangements and have excellent working conditions. We support the professional development of our people, and the chance to try new things across our variety of capabilities and work locations.
Tell me more:
It is easy to apply for a job at the MDBA. Go to www.mdba.gov.au/careers and tell us what makes you the ideal candidate. Take the opportunity to work with the MDBA as we continue to make a difference through the protection and enhancement of the environment.
For more information regarding this opportunity contact Stuart Little – [email protected] 02 6279 0568.
Position DescriptionOpens in new window
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the “begin” button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form