- Ongoing or non-ongoing opportunity
- $80,988 – $89,133 plus 15.4% superannuation
- Adelaide, Canberra, Goondiwindi, Griffith, Mildura, Murray Bridge, Toowoomba and Wodonga* *Our preferred locations are Canberra, Goondiwindi, Griffith and Mildura. Suitable candidates seeking Adelaide, Murray-Bridge, Toowoomba and Wodonga locations will be placed on an order of merit pending office capacity becoming available. Other locations may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Who are we:
With the enactment of the Water Act 2007 (Cth), the Murray–Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) was established as an independent expertise-based statutory agency.
For the first time in the Basin’s history, one Basin-wide institution is responsible for planning the Basin’s water resources, with all planning decisions made in the interest of the Basin as a whole.
Our most important work is to:
• prepare, implement and review an integrated plan for the sustainable use of the Basin’s water resources
• operate the River Murray system and efficiently deliver water to users on behalf of partner governments
• measure, monitor and record the quality and quantity of the Basin’s water resources
• supporting, encourage and conduct research and investigations about the Basin’s water resources and dependent ecosystems
• advise the Australian Government Minister responsible for water on the accreditation of state water resource plans
• provide water rights information to facilitate water trading across the Basin
• engage and educate the Australian community about the Basin’s water resources.
At the MDBA, we are committed to diversity and inclusion across our workforce, and in the way that we work. We recognise the importance of making the best use of the unique perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills across our regionalised organisation. We strive to create a workplace where our people flourish in a welcoming and culturally safe environment. We encourage and welcome applications from people with disability, First Nations peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
Who are we looking for:
The Project Officer will:
• Work within a team to analyse data, create integrated tools and convert results into findings.
• Provide technical expertise to assist in creating new methodologies.
• Be involved in communication of work through report writing, presentations and stakeholder meetings.
• Contribute to the application of ecological and hydrological sciences in a policy context to meet the objectives of the MDBA.
• Co-ordinate and/or provide technical input to information synthesis, knowledge gathering, data analysis and research on water policy and complex technical issues.
• Maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and work across Commonwealth and State agencies to build understanding and help ensure a coordinated approach across governments and policy.
• Work effectively within the team and Program, and develop constructive working relationships across the organisation to successfully develop and implement the work program.
Relocation packages are available, and we are committed to a flexible and inclusive workplace that will suit you and your individual needs. Joining us means you will contribute your expertise as part of an agile working environment that offers an attractive salary package, including up to 15.4% superannuation. You will also be eligible to receive a wide range of employee benefits, support for flexible working arrangements and have excellent working conditions. We support the professional development of our people, and the chance to try new things across our variety of capabilities and work locations.
Tell me more:
It is easy to apply for a job at the MDBA. Go to www.mdba.gov.au/careers and tell us what makes you the ideal candidate. Take the opportunity to work with the MDBA as we continue to make a difference through the protection and enhancement of the environment.
For more information regarding this opportunity contact Kathleen Dawe – [email protected] 02 6279 0741.
How to apply: