Job No: WaterNSW1657
We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 41 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are currently seeking an Entry Level Water Monitoring Officer to join our team for a 12-month part time. This role entails the operation and maintenance of water monitoring equipment which enables the collection, management and dissemination of accurate water monitoring data, ensuring accuracy and quality.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Commitment to WaterNSW safety policies and procedures
- Operational maintenance tasks aligned with both preventative maintenance and operation and maintenance programs.
- Ensure work is performed and documented in accordance with manufacturers recommendation and company procedures
- Assist with surface water, groundwater and water quality monitoring functions such as gauging, groundwater monitoring, collection of water quality samples, instrument management and calibration.
- Provide assistance to install, manage and maintain water monitoring equipment and infrastructure to prescribed standards; to deliver a fit for purpose water data monitoring network
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A willingness and ability to carry out field work in all weather conditions that can be extreme at times and for prolonged periods of time. Field work can be both physically and mentally demanding while still requiring all workers remain safe.
- Competent knowledge and use of various tools including battery operated tools and general tools used in the construction industry
- Strong swimming experience
- Current NSW Drivers Licence, willing to travel to the various WaterNSW sites.
- Desirable: Current First Aid Certificate, heavy lifting and competency in driving four-wheel drive vehicles, plant and equipment qualifications such as skid steer, excavator, EWP.
- Assist in maintaining assets at a high-level including ground maintenance, vegetation control and operations and maintenance – including renovation or expansion of existing infrastructure.
- The ability to work alone, unsupervised and as part of a team and contribute to a positive and hardworking culture.
What we are offering
- 12 month term role
- Part time (3 days/week) – Tuesday to Thursday
- Ongoing training is provided
- Diverse and supportive team environment
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
All applications must be lodged via an online application – emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 23rd September 2022