Full Job Description
Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance
The Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance works to protect, restore and sustain the water resources of Wisconsin’s Fox-Wolf River Basin
PROGRAM COORDINATOR – NORTHEAST WISCONSIN STORMWATER CONSORTIUM
Job Status – Nonexempt, Full time. Flexible schedule. Hybrid work (Appleton office)
The Program Coordinator serves as the principal staff of the Northeast Wisconsin Stormwater Consortium (NEWSC,) a subsidiary of the Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance. NEWSC is a membership-based collaborative of local stormwater permit-holders working together to cost effectively fulfill requirements of a comprehensive stormwater management program. Through leading, supporting and tracking the work of Consortium Committees, the Coordinator is responsible for advancing the mission of NEWSC.
Reports to: Executive Director
Guided by: NEWSC Leadership Council
Supervisory Responsibilities: Seasonal interns as needed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
NEWSC Organizational Coordination:
- Meetings – Coordinates semi-annual Full Consortium & quarterly Leadership Council meetings.
- Member Communication – Responds to emails and phone calls regarding NEWSC matters. Maintains and utilizes email listserv to update Membership about projects, educational opportunities, meetings, technical standards, and NEWSC resources.
- Website Updates & Maintenance – Maintains and updates NEWSC website as a tool to communicate with members, share resources, and track Consortium Committee work.
- Develop & Monitor Budget – Works with Executive Director, Finance Coordinator and NEWSC Treasurer to prepare and manage NEWSC budget.
Support Member Communities through General Public Outreach & Education.
With guidance from NEWSC’s General Public Committee:
- Develop and provide educational presentations in schools and for community groups.
- Coordinate and exhibit at community events.
- Develop and implement annual social media plan to share educational information.
- Write monthly stormwater blog post to include in e-newsletters and shared on social media
- Design stormwater educational materials for Fox-Wolf and NEWSC communities.
- Provide urban stormwater materials to other Fox-Wolf staff to maximize reach.
- Track and accurately report on outreach events and activities and their approximate reach.
- Host General Public Committee meetings as needed.
Support Member Communities by providing Outreach & Education Opportunities specifically for Audiences addressed in the Stormwater Permit.
With guidance from NEWSC Municipal Committee, Building & Development Committee & the Stormwater Quality Management Committee:
- Develop, update and implement 5-year workplan.
- Create or support the committee in creation of educational content for municipal staff, stormwater consultants, builders and contractors, elected officials, or other audience identified.
- Host or participate in events (meetings, trainings and workshops) to educate a variety of audiences including municipal staff, stormwater consultants, builders and contractors, elected officials, or other audience identified.
- Track and accurately report on number of people reached and messages conveyed.
- Host committee meetings to advance work as needed.
Annual Watershed Conference with emphasis on Urban Stormwater Management
With support from the Watershed Conference Planning Committee and Executive Director:
- Develop program that encompasses innovative solutions & case studies from across the state, the Great Lakes Region and the Country as well as regulatory updates.
- Coordinate the event promotion, registration, venue, catering and technology and wrap up.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to self-start and to work independently without close supervision.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (including Excel and Power Point).
- Working knowledge of website updating using WordPress.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and customer service skills and experience including strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with ability to multitask when necessary.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experiencing managing a budget.
- Willingness to have fun and come to work with a smile
- Bachelor’s Degree -or- Equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in building networks and coordinating projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with public speaking and giving presentations.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to an insured, reliable vehicle for job use.
Starting pay range: $21 to $24 per hour based on experience.
Benefits include: Vacation, Holidays, cell phone (for work and personal use), flexible work environment/hours. Please note: Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance does not offer health/dental benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $24.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Appleton, WI 54911: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location