Full Job Description
CLINTON RIVER WATERSHED COUNCIL
Title: Development and Communications Specialist
Reports To: Executive Director
About the Organization:
The Clinton River Watershed Council’s mission is to protect, enhance, and celebrate the Clinton River, its watershed, and Lake St. Clair. Established in 1972 as a council of local governments, the Clinton River
Watershed Council reorganized in 1994 as an IRS 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Key programs include watershed management, education, and stewardship.
Communications and Outreach
- Manage CRWC website, responsible for upkeep of site. Work with appropriate staff to coordinate content and other updates
- Utilize insight tools to track the success of the website and gather necessary data to plan website updates and corrections
- Responsible for managing all CRWC social media platforms.
- Manage CRWC listserv and email blast announcements
- With input from staff, gather appropriate information (media and copy) to use for social media posts and outreach efforts
- Coordinate and collaborate on development of editorial content schedule for CRWC publications and social media
- Distribute press releases for upcoming events, emergent issues, news, etc., with Executive Director and other staff
- Support executive director in planning and executing all aspects of annual fund development plan including direct mail, membership campaigns, crowdfunding, event follow-up, sponsorship solicitation, etc.
- Oversee all fundraising and outreach events including Zoo Walk, Crafts on the Clinton, and Annual Meeting
- Work with appropriate staff to plan new outreach and engagement events
- Work with appropriate vendors to order CRWC branded merchandise for giveaways and events
- Responsible for upkeeping the integrity of the CRWC brand (colors, fonts, logos) and assuring staff is utilizing proper branded materials (for presentations, outreach etc.)
- Coordinate the production and distribution of three newsletters/ year (spring/summer, fall/winter, annual report)
- Coordinate the production and distribution of quarterly volunteer newsletter
- Work with appropriate staff to create blog posts
- Create flyers and ads for all upcoming events and programs
- Organize and maintain CRWC’s photo and graphic image files, including photographing CRWC events and activities
- Create promotional videos that highlight CRWC programs and upcoming events
- Assist appropriate staff in grant related graphic work such as signage, brochures, flyers etc.
- Bachelors (preferred) in Marking or Communications
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suites (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro)
- Constant Contact
- Website management
- Familiarity with photography and film
- Proficient in all social media platforms
- Three-five years of experience in communications and social media
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain community relationships
- Problem-solving abilities
- Strong organization skills
- Must be able to be managed remotely.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all kinds of people (both externally with donors, and internally with team members and other departments)
- Effective phone skills i.e., well spoken, excellent active listening skills
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong technology skills in including donor database or other CRM software experience, Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with nonprofits
- Interest in working in the environmental arena
WORK ENVIRONMENT INCLUDES
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Project work may involve all-weather physical activity, including in-water work, and the use of basic hand and field tools
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Salary commensurate with experience, health and retirement benefits, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Compensation is recommended by the Executive Director and approved by the Board of Directors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift