Blue Water Baltimore Seeks Senior Manager for Marketing & Communications
Blue Water Baltimore, the leading water quality nonprofit in Baltimore, seeks a Senior Manager for Marketing & Communications to develop and implement the organization’s marketing and communications strategies to move forward our clean water initiatives and programs. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the most dynamic and effective environmental nonprofits in the region.
Blue Water Baltimore’s mission is to restore the quality of Baltimore’s rivers, streams and Harbor to foster a healthy environment, a strong economy, and thriving communities. Blue Water Baltimore is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that takes on and accomplishes a wide range of work, and partners with a variety of organizations to accomplish its restoration, greening, and advocacy goals. Blue Water Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer. Our office is a LEED Gold certified green building. Read more at www.bluewaterbaltimore.org.
The Senior Manager is responsible for developing, overseeing and facilitating successful implementation, evaluation and delivery of all aspects of Blue Water Baltimore’s strategic communications, including our Baltimore Harbor Waterkeeper and Herring Run Nursery brands. This includes preparing marketing, advertising, public relations, brand management, social media, and internal communications for Blue Water Baltimore’s fundraising, advocacy, and program audiences.
- Work with Development Director, Executive Director and other staff to develop and implement an annual strategic communication plan to build the organization’s profile and support fundraising and program objectives.
- Manage and oversee the communications, marketing, advertising, and media relations for Blue Water Baltimore.
- Create and execute marketing and public relations strategies that cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including key influencers.
- Proactively build relationships with reporters and editors, locally and regionally, and successfully position subject matter with media to achieve high-impact placements. .
- Oversee content of communications materials including but not limited to website, social media, e-communications and print media.
- Produce and curate top-quality content about Blue Water Baltimore, water quality issues, and environmental concerns impacting Baltimore.
- Responsible for monthly newsletter and print communications.
- Develop annual report, fundraising appeals, website blog posts, fact sheets, press releases and event material to support organizational, programmatic and fundraising activities.
- Oversee administrative activities of the marketing and communications function including budgeting, planning, and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Ensure brand integrity by maintaining and updating style sheets and other guidelines and ensure that colleagues follow those guidelines.
- Manage the review, maintenance and webpage development on the Blue Water Baltimore website.
- Act as liaison with the Board of Directors’ Communication Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, liberal arts or related field.
- Five years communications experience, preferably in a management role. Experience with a non-profit is preferred.
- Passion for a clean and healthy environment.
- Strong writing skills; ability to write creatively and develop compelling content.
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with top-tier reporters and editors and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in creating and executing a comprehensive strategic marketing and communications program.
- Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, WordPress, and graphic design is a strong plus.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range $50,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience
- Employer contribution to health, dental and free vision benefits
- 401K with employer match
- Paid holiday, sick, vacation and personal time