Do you want to make a positive impact on the world? Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do.
Seventy-five years ago, we created a home for creative thinkers seeking to solve the world’s biggest challenges. Today, a collective of 16,000+ Arupians gather across the globe from 140 different countries to build a sustainable future.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects and offers empathy to the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments.
At Arup, you’ll do more than work — you’ll shape a better world.
About The Role
As a Senior Water Strategy Consultant within Arup’s water team, you will work on a range of water strategy, economics, energy, Integrated Water Management (IWM) and infrastructure projects across the Australasia region and deliver quality outcomes. This position is based in Melbourne.
What will I do?
- Leading delivery of long term water strategies, undertaking business cases, cost modelling and economic analysis, strategy, policy and planning water pieces, designs for projects, delivering strategic advice, and provide technical engineering design input throughout the project lifecycle
- Integrating the water business with other key businesses within Arup, particularly working closely with the energy business
- Working across the full spectrum of project phases from planning and advisory, helping our clients decide what they should and shouldn’t be doing and how they should be evolving, through to designing and delivering water infrastructure
- Contributing to major water sector projects, as well as broader infrastructure projects, across the region, within key areas of expertise and/ or career interest, including leading significant work packages
- Contributing to water sector and broader business development, including client management, pursuit planning and tender development
What will I bring?
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering (such as Civil, Mechanical, Environmental), economics, commerce or business, or a combination of these
- Working towards chartership with Engineers Australia or equivalent
- Relevant industry experience (7 – 10 years) in water infrastructure strategy and/or engineering preferred
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants, and technical specialists, working across every aspect of the built environment.
Founded by Sir Ove Arup, a gifted engineer-philosopher with an original and restless mind, our firm has always had a keen sense of purpose.
We create spaces where everyone feels safe, seen and included and able to perform at their best. We take an approach to flexible working that supports the diversity and well-being of our members.
Are you ready to shape a better world?
Our open roles are waiting for you on the Arup careers page. If you like what you see here, apply today.
Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies