- Location: Iraq – Erbil
- Hours: 8
- Salary: as per oxfam salary scale
- Region: MENA
- Job Family: Programme
- Division: International
- Grade: C1
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Closing Date: 3 October 2022
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for WASH Coordinator to provide technical support to the programme teams and oversee the implementation of WASH programming, across the whole of Iraq (Regular Programming and Emergencies).
What we are looking for
Our next WASH Coordinator will require:
Essential – Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications & Competencies
- Master’s Degree or equivalent technical experience and training in water and sanitation, public health or any related field. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
- Significant experience in managing WASH programmes in emergencies and or developing countries, including, experience in conducting assessments and supporting analysis of results, emergency market mapping, value chain analysis, and other relevant market assessment tools. Experience with feasibility and risk assessments for WASH programming.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relations with multicultural and diverse teams, including working with partner organisations.
- Experience of capacity building field staff (with or without line management responsibility), including the ability to effectively advice and support field staff using methods such as mentoring, coaching, shadowing, demonstration, accompaniment, training, written advice, verbal advice, research and development
- Strong communication and documentation skills including the ability to document case studies, write guidelines, and develop and communicate standard operating procedures relevant to each context and operating environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines. Ability to travel in country to support field teams. Attention to detail and critical analysis. Strong English Language skills.
- Experience and commitment to promote equity, gender and diversity.
- Previous working experience with Oxfam
- Previous working experience in the Middle East
- Arabic language skills
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in career development, to act as key contributor, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. OR
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to three key questions related to your experience in xxx. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.