Médecins Sans Frontières, an international humanitarian medical association created in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations whose lives are threatened: mainly in the event of armed conflict, but also in the event of epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters or exclusion of care. The French section (OCP) is present in about thirty countries.
So we are looking for a Regional Technical Referent (RTR) Watsan Water Hygiene Sanitation – Central Africa.
As the Regional Technical Referent, you are the first line of technical support of the coordinators, in this respect you answer in the first line to the questions of the coordinators and the field. As the RTR, you ensure compliance with MSF policies, guides and procedures.
In coordination with the Headquarter Technical Referents and the Logistics Coordinators of the countries of the region,
- You carry out the planned visits according to the terms of reference established by the Logistics Coordinator of the requesting country in the countries of your geographical area,
- You centralize requests for technical support and answer questions from the Logistics Coordinators in your geographical area, if necessary with the help of your Technical Referent,
- You participate in the development of the visit schedules and propose possible modifications of the initial schedule according to operational needs. The final validation of the schedules and/or their modifications will be carried out by the logistics manager in the cell in liaison with the technical referent,
- You are available to respond to emergency responses in your geographical area,
- You participate in the revision of documents or technical notes,
- You participate in the technology watch in your specialty through your participation in test campaigns and through your feedback on projects in your geographical area.
- You work on fund files.
- You analyze the components of your activity for all the missions in your geographical area at least once a year,
- You write visit reports and an annual activity report.
Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Log Cell:
- You respond to ad hoc missions at the request of the logistic coordinators of the countries of your geographical area,
- You participate in the recruitment of national technicians,
- You contribute to the ongoing training of teams,
- You evaluate the technical level of the specialists (national and international), contribute to the definition of the courses and offer the ad hoc training,
- You validate service providers and product-supplier couples,
- You advise and accompanie the logistics coordinators in their decision-making related to his technical specialty.
Education and experience
- Technician in Water, Hygiene and Sanitation, Master in Hydraulics or Hydrogeology, BTS GEMEAU, Engineering and Environmental Management, etc.
- 2 years field experience as a watsan in humanitarian field essential on Water, Hygiene and Sanitation activities.
- Experience MSF is a plus.
Language: French (C2) and English (B2)
- Master the technical skills of your specialty
- Project management and management knowledge
- IT: mastery of the office package
- Training, coaching and methodology skills
- Ability to cooperate, rigour, analytical and synthesis skills
- Good interpersonal skills, Good dialogue and listening skills
Nairobi based position with frequent travel to missions and headquarters (approx. 50%), one year full-time contract or AWB contract 2 years
Salary level 12 according to the MSF grid and experience function: 2257 euros gross monthly + return to seniority if equivalent position within an NGO
MSF support: transportation, accommodation, food and other costs + daily ground perdiem for current expenses. Full medical management: mutual/ vaccines/ field/ evacuation/ return.
Preferred start date: 01 November 2022
Deadline for submission
2 October 2022