International Water Management Institute (IWMI) a CGIAR Research Center is looking for attentive, energetic, organized, dedicated, and experienced consultant who can manage multiple communication and public relationship tasks. With the support of communication team in the headquarter, the Communication consultant-MENA will support in the development of communications materials and multimedia products that are attractive, consistent, well written, and propel interest and action. The communications consultant is required to assist the projects run by IWMI MENA Office with communications tasks.
Scope of work
- Write publicity articles for the local and international media on the activities and achievements of IWMI’s projects targeting various audiences to the general public through different media
- Liaise with IWMI-MENA research staff in the selection of contents for outreach materials
- Prepare and manage the dissemination of corporate and project communication materials
- Contribute to the website, newsletters and press releases, and Manage IWMI-MENA’s social media accounts: Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn and others
- Be responsible for photographic records of events, prepare or facilitate the production of project videos and document project activities in Egypt and other MENA countries
- Collaborate with IWMI’s HQ Communication unit
- Liaise with the media and key project partners and stakeholders on developing and sharing audio-visual and printed communication materials while leading the stewardship of IWMI’s brand.
Duration: Approximately three (03) months from October to December 2022
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
This is a nationally hired consultant position and only citizens of Egypt are eligible to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- BSc or MSc degree in communications, public relations, or related field
- At least 2-years’ experience
- Very good working experience with social media platforms: Facebook, twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.