Practice area(s): Agriculture and Food Security
Location(s): Arlington, VA; Burlington, VT; USA
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): US-Based Applicant
Experience: 10+ Years
The USAID-funded Climate Adaptation Support Activity project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Climate Services Data and Analytics Advisor position. The USAID Climate Adaptation Support Activity is a five-year project based in Washington DC. The purpose of the activity is to support impactful adaptation across USAID by providing strategic support to USAID Missions and USAID/Washington Operating Units.
The Climate Services Data and Analytics Advisor will provide cross-cutting technical support for monitoring, development, and management of climate services data and analytics across project tasks and activities. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits. The Climate Services Data and Analytics Advisor is part of the Technical Advisory Group and reports to the Chief of Party. This position may be based in Washington, D.C., or Burlington, VT, with the possibility of a remote work option.
* Works with CASA project stakeholders to ensure project and technical data is accessible to stakeholders as needed.
* Provides on-demand climate data analytics, visualization, and results synthesis to support discrete CASA activities and project needs.
* Leads the analysis, translation, and presentation of complex climate information from multiple streams for non-technical audiences.
* Contributes to reporting and activity deliverables and manages discrete tasks and activities where needed.
* Contributes to the Activity’s Learning, Innovation, and Research Agenda by extracting learning and capturing research
* Coordinates and oversees STTA for discrete technical activities relating to analytics, data visualization, trend analysis, etc.
* Coordinates across staff and activity partners to plan and complete technical tasks, providing highly technical input and analytical support in climate sciences and information.
* Designs and delivers training and tools for the adoption of analytical methods in climate science.
* Master’s degree and 10 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience with a focus on computer science, data science, or statistics, including data analysis and visualization tools, interface design, and presentation of complex data to target audiences.
* At least 5 years of experience in climate change adaptation, climate services, data analytics, or other relevant technical experience. Experience with mapping, geographic information systems, and visual data presentation is highly desired.
* Demonstrated ability to design and implement sophisticated climate diagnostics and scenario analysis, and climate risk analysis to inform decision support, early warning, risk assessments.
* Knowledge of relational databases and other data sources.
* Professional proficiency in English is required.
* Proficiency in Spanish, French, or other languages preferred.
* Ability to travel internationally.
*U.S. work authorization required.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Letter of application
* Current CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background. If you need a reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.