Job Description: The overall mandate of the assignment is to provide assistance to partner organizations and liaise with Government Officials, Non-profit organization (NPO) and other partner organizations in designing and implementation of water security project and to fulfill the targets set for the Water and Sanitation programme of the NEIDA. The projects build upon the basic – better hygiene and water security and links directly to the Tata Trusts vision of clean drinking water for all. Geo-hydrological mapping and augmentation of spring sources is a mandatory part of the programme as the project is based on the tapping of natural springs.
The Project Coordinator will assist the State Program Coordinator (SPC) in monitoring and supporting the water security project. This job will entail both working independently and as part of a Team, with potential and current Grantees and will include the following.
a. Develop plans for the Water Resources Engineering and Spring-shed based watershed development program.
b. To assist the SPC in monitoring and supporting the Water Security Project. Ensure the meeting of set targets.
c. To assist the SPC in providing support to partner organizations in execution of water security projects activities, as per the Annual Work Plan (AWP).
d. Report writing and to prepare geological cross section.
e. To provide technical assistance to Partner Organizations and CBOs when required.
f. To provide facilitation in Spring shed Management consortium.
g. To assist the Coordinator SPC in developing various formats and guidelines for the project.
h. To assist in building network with other organizations and institutions.
i. Develop Annual Work Plan (AWP) for the water security projects. This AWP will be the key working document for the projects involved. Individual progress will be monitored and assessed against targets as set in the Annual Work Plan.
j. Identify and develop quality parameters for the water security projects.
k. To assist in coordination with District and Block level government officials of the line departments, as required by the programme. Coordinate and build up linkages and networks with the appropriate Government Office, NABARD and other organizations, as required.
l. To assist Data Base Officer, NEIDA in uploading the project data.
m. To assist in the development of publications related to the project.
n. To submit Back to Office Reports (BTOR) following trips to the field.
o. Identify institutions, experts and trainers as required and employ them for skill enhancement of project partners, Government and farmers.
p. To under any other assignments given by the SPC and the Executive Director, NEIDA, as and when required.
q. Assist in water security pilot for Hydrological survey in aquifer management system specially in Arunachal Pradesh and NE as a whole.
r. Other responsibilities as assigned by Project Lead
• Minimum 2 years in working on spring-shed based watershed development programme.
The candidate should:
• Possess a Graduation/ Post-graduation degree in Geologist/ Hydrology/ Water Resource Engineering.
• Have work experience of a minimum of 2 years; in spring-shed based watershed development programme.
• Possess demonstrated capabilities of leadership and institutional development experience.
• Possess the ability to innovate future strategies and deliver, in a challenging environment.
• Have a good command of spoken and written English and local regional languages.
• Possess excellent computer skills, interpersonal, analytical and writing skills and have the ability to work as a member of a team.
• Good report writing skills.
• Team player, able to work with people with different background, skills and knowledge
• Good communication skills, verbal and written.
• Able to prepare reports and presentation
• Willing to travel extensively in remote and hilly locations.
• Willing to spend time with rural communities whenever needed.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment, able to prioritize.
• Sound knowledge of Project Management Concept.
How to apply:
a. Please send a copy of your latest resume to [email protected]
b. Include a cover letter stating your current and expected salary.
Job Email id: neida.arunachalpradesh(at)gmail.com