Posted: Jul 12, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200399657
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Environment and Supply Chain Innovation (ESCI) group at Apple is seeking a Manager within the Supplier Water Program. This team engages with our suppliers to increase water availability, water quality and water equity in the places and communities where our suppliers operate. The ideal candidate has managed water issues (efficiency and re-use, wastewater discharge and water stewardship) within the corporate context and has worked cross-functionally to achieve environmental goals.
- At least 5 years experience working on water issues within the nonprofit, intergovernmental or corporate setting
- Understanding of industrial water management and water stewardship principles, and the key partners and service providers offering services in these areas
- Ability to influence with concise data driven presentations
- Experience managing global sustainability initiatives including budgeting, contracting and vendor associated programs
As the manager of the Supplier Water Program, you will set strategy and lead execution for advancing water availability, water quality and water equity within global supply chain operations. This role requires frequent cross-functional engagement with Apple facilities, operations, procurement and engineering teams, and external engagement with key stakeholders such as nonprofits and industry associations. Working with subject matter experts in industrial water management, water stewardship and low water design, you will oversee implementation of programmatic goals and ensure that objectives are achieved on time and on budget. Alternative locations we will consider include: Shanghai, Shenzhen, Austin, Seattle, and San Diego.
Education & Experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with corporate supply chains or engagement with suppliers is preferred
- Familiarity with water risk tools such as WRI Aqueduct or WWF Water Risk Filter
- Experience directly managing teams and budgets
- Experience with water related reporting to third party validators (ex: GRI, CDP, etc.)
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (10% time)