Practice area(s): Agriculture and Food Security
Location(s): Arlington, VA; Burlington, VT; USA
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): US-Based Applicant
Experience: 10+ Years
The USAID-funded Climate Adaptation Support Activity project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Capacity Building and Adult Education Specialist position. The USAID Climate Adaptation Support Activity is a five-year project based in Washington DC. The purpose of the activity is to support impactful adaptation across USAID by providing strategic support to USAID Missions and USAID/Washington Operating Units.
The Capacity Building and Adult Education Specialist will monitor, develop, and manage capacity-building approaches for stakeholders and across activities. The Capacity Building and Adult Education specialist is part of the Technical Advisory Group and reports to the Chief of Party. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits. This position may be based in Washington, D.C., or Burlington, VT, with the possibility of a remote work option.
* Planning and facilitation of workshops, training interactive webinars, and other learning, both virtual and in-person.
* Coordinates with USAID stakeholders, and project technical and research groups to develop, update and implement climate adaptation capacity-building plans and training materials.
* Coordinates with the technical team to inform content for instructional materials and capacity-building tools.
* Designs and delivers instruction, education, or training as needed for project activities/stakeholders.
* Designs and applies capacity assessment methods and learning needs assessments.
* Works with Gender and Inclusion Advisor to assure capacity building reflects local needs and inclusive design.
* Master’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience, or bachelor’s degree and 12 years of relevant experience in international development, training, instructional design, organizational development, environment, climate change, or related field.
* Demonstrated, practical experience designing and delivering capacity-building activities, including adult education and instructional design, in climate change adaptation, climate resilience, and climate risk assessment or related topics.
* Experience in facilitating group processes, including meetings, focus groups, learning activities, and/or events (virtual, in-person).
* Technical expertise in climate change and/or international development.
* Ability to manage adaptively and adjust to changes in context or work requirements.
* Experience with M&E of training and capacity-building programs.
* USAID project experience preferred.
* Professional proficiency in English is required.
* French, Spanish, or other language proficiency is preferred.
* Ability to travel internationally.
*U.S. work authorization required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.