Practice area(s): Agriculture and Food Security
Location(s): Arlington, VA; Burlington, VT; USA
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): US-Based Applicant
Experience: 10+ Years
The USAID-funded Climate Adaptation Support Activity project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Adaptation Capacity and Local Adaptation Advisor position. The USAID Climate Adaptation Support Activity is a five-year project based in Washington DC. The purpose of the Activity is to support impactful adaptation across USAID by providing strategic support to USAID Missions and USAID/Washington Operating Units.
The Climate Change Adaptation Capacity and Local Adaptation Advisor will provide leadership and technical expertise on climate change adaptation for the project to inform the design and implementation of impactful adaptation approaches, interventions and systems shifts. The Adaptation Capacity and Local Adaptation Advisor is part of the Technical Advisory Group and reports to the Chief of Party. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits. This position may be based in Washington, D.C., or Burlington, VT, with the possibility of a remote work option.
* Provides technical leadership for the strategic and forward-looking design of cross-cutting adaptation and resilience approaches.
* Provides technical guidance in exploring emerging areas of adaptation, and contributes to the development of robust adaptation Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning.
* Participates in work plan development, strategic planning, and adaptation framework development.
* Develops and reviews activity scopes of work, training, deliverables, and communications for integration of adaptation approaches, and supports MEL framework design.
* Directly manages and coordinates related technical activities, analyses, and research.
* Coordinates and oversees STTA for discrete technical activities. Coordinates with other Technical Advisors for task design and implementation. Contributes to deliverables and manages discrete tasks and activities as needed.
* Coordinates across project staff and consortium partners for planning and completion of tasks.
* Master’s degree in climate science, environmental studies, natural resources management, international development, or relevant field.
*At least 10 years of experience in climate change adaptation and resilience, sustainable development, transformative and inclusive adaptation, climate justice, or relevant technical experience.
* Three to five years of experience providing technical support to complex USAID-funded programs preferred.
* Credible track record designing adaptation programming, including transformative approaches and cross-sectoral strategies.
* Experience assessing adaptation capacities and implementing local capacity development initiatives.
* Experience with national and/or local adaptation planning, including contributions to the development of National Adaptation Plans.
* Strong networking capability with government, private sector, and/or non-government entities.
* Professional proficiency in English is required.
* Proficiency in Spanish or French preferred.
* Ability to travel internationally.
*U.S. work authorization required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.