Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.400 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
The institute of Fluid Dynamics is conducting basic and applied research in the fields of thermo-fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics in order to improve the sustainability, the energy efficiency and the safety of industrial processes.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Experimental Thermal Fluid Dynamics invites applications as Postdoc Researcher (f/m/d) Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP) for water treatment.
The position will be available from 1 November 2022. The employment contract is limited to 31 December 2024.
- Management of a project which is centered on the development of a novel Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP) for water treatment applications:
- Process optimization (investigations on optimal design of fluid injection and mixing units)
- Designing, planning and executing demonstration experiments at a pilot plant for performance evaluation
- Description and delegation of tasks to engineers and technicians
- Progress control and communication of results with industrial partners and through scientific channels
- Supervision of students
- Publication of results in scientific journals
- PhD degree in Chemical, Bioprocess, Water/Wastewater Treatment Process Engineering or a related field
- Candidates (f/m/d) with Master degree or Diploma and outstanding qualifications can also be considered
- Experience in two or more of the following fields is required:
- Industrial applications of ozone injection and/or cavitation
- Reaction kinetics of ozone and hydroxyle radicals in aqueous solutions
- Laboratory analysis (titration, HPLC-MS, SEM, EDX)
- Engineering of process equipment and/or experimental test plants
- Experimental and numerical fluid dynamics
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to 31 December 2024
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.
For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Sebastian Reinecke Tel.: +49 351 260 2320,
Mrs. Susann Riedel Tel.: +49 351 260 3766
Place of work:
30 September 2022
English / German
Job-Id: 2022/137 (1481)
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400