Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (Organisation site)
Mackay, Ayr, Rockhampton Preferred. Other locations within North Region maybe considered
The role facilitates and coordinates the water planning initiatives across catchments in the Northern Region, including priority activities such as the review of the Fitzroy, Pioneer and Whitsunday Water Plans.
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Occupational group||Primary Industry & Environment|
|Workplace Location||Flexible,Townsville region,Mackay region,Rockhampton region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/442974/22|
|Yearly salary||$105977 – $113167|
|Fortnightly salary||$4062.10 – $4337.70|
|Contact person||Patrick Levings|
|Contact details||Ph: (07) 3166 0172|
Access the National Relay Service
Key Duties and Accountabilities
• Lead staff and coordinate water planning activities within Northern Region, including coordinating input from regional staff and associated multi-disciplinary teams to ensure delivery of water planning functions and business objectives.
• Communicate, consult and negotiate with internal and external clients in the delivery of water planning and science initiatives including facilitating stakeholder input for the development and implementation of water plans.
• Interpret and apply legislation, specifically the Water Act 2000 and associated subordinate legislations, regulations and policies, to achieve water planning and management outcomes.
• Provide timely and accurate advice on project actions, and for the preparation of complex briefs, reports and other correspondence.
• Participate in regional and state-wide project teams to progress water business objectives.
• Oversight team outputs, including reports and correspondence to ensure quality outcomes, sound conclusions and consistent application of water management policy and legislation.
• Review water policy and planning proposals, identify risks and provide recommendations to support their implementation.
• Represent the department in a range of community and water user forums.
• Other duties as directed and required.
As a team leader in the role of Senior Project Officer, the following competencies from the Leadership competencies for Queensland are most relevant to this role:
• Works with the team to organise work priorities so they deliver on broader organisational commitments (Leads strategically)
• Empowers others to understand and embrace change by communicating openly about the rationale and intended outcomes (Leads change in complex environments)
• Demonstrated awareness of others by tailoring messages so they resonate with stakeholders of divers interests and backgrounds (Builds enduring relationships)
• Role models persistence and supports others to work through obstacles in the delivery of projects (Drives accountability and outcomes)
• Promotes personal responsibility for the realisation of a healthy workplace through regular communication, feedback and sharing of observations and outcomes (Foster healthy and inclusive workplaces)
• Promotes integrity in the management and use of processes and resources, ensuring others have the information and training they need for successful implementation (Demonstrates sound governance)
• Compliance with departmental COVID-19 vaccination status is required.
• A current ‘C’ class driver’s licence and be willing to obtain a manual licence if necessary;
• Overnight travel may be required to fulfil this role.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/442974/22
Closing Date: Friday, 30 September 2022
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.