Based in Monrovia, Liberia
Up to 20% travel within Liberia
Reports to Sanitation Markets and Supply Chain Lead
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Sanitation Engineering Manager to join our team for the USAID-funded Countywide Sanitation Activity. The project aims to achieve universal coverage of basic sanitation in five counties of Liberia. The Engineering Manager will support private sector actors to design, build, and install high quality, affordable, appropriate sanitation and hygiene products for diverse consumers. This ambitious project seeks equally ambitious staff who bring creativity, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit to their work.
- Iterate on existing sanitation product designs to bring down costs and improve function and desirability, including testing integration of imported product components.
- Design and prototype new user interface and containment product options, including working with manufacturers to develop prefabricated, easy-to-install latrines.
- Provide specifications, designs, bills of quantity, and quality standards for new and existing WASH products.
- Lead product design processes, including gathering feedback and input from consumers and local producers.
- Build the capacity of private sector actors to build and install high quality sanitation products.
- Develop technical training manuals and guidelines for sanitation and hygiene products.
- Evaluate the appropriateness and personal and environmental safety of existing and new products.
- Support institutionalization of technical training and quality control within government and private sector institutions.
- Engage local actors to develop plans for ensuring sustainability of technical training and quality assurance.
- Contribute to project learning documents and reports.
What are we looking for?
- MSc in civil/water engineering or related field
- Minimum 7 years of engineering experience in WASH, preferably in sanitation
- Demonstrated experience improving on or designing original WASH products
- Experience in technical quality assurance and improvement
- Experience building the capacity of local partners to build and install high quality WASH products and conducting oversight of quality
- Demonstrated experience documenting designs, processes, and systems in user-friendly reports, manuals, and tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce product designs in AutoCAD or similar software
- Citizen of Liberia
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae to [email protected]**by September 30, 2022. Subject: Liberia Sanitation Engineering Manager**
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.