Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Well and Water System Engineering Manager (WWSEM)
Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking Well and Water System Engineering Manager (WWSEM) candidates for anticipated USAID programming in the water sector titled the USAID Mali ANKA/JIKO Activity. The project aims to enable sustainable and equitable access to safe drinking water, sanitation services and hygiene behaviors improved to support Mali’s governance, resilience and prosperity.
As the WWSEM, you will be responsible for leading the technical components of community-driven development construction activities, reporting to the COP. S/he works with the COP and field staff to determine if/when/how to initiate construction activities that support MWG objectives. As the lead on engineering and construction you are the bridge between what is desired and what is practically achievable. Knowledge of the constraints in Mali is key to ensuring timely delivery of construction commitments, avoiding high-risk endeavors and disappointing communities with unfulfilled promises. Working with the FOM and sub-contract manager, you oversee sub-contracts, making sure all applicable USAID and USG laws are followed.
The WWSEM is responsible for:
- Providing Quality Assurance/Quality Control oversight for SOWs, technical specifications, design drawings, BoQs and estimates for construction sub-contract tenders.
- Ensuring sub-contractors follow international best practices in design and construction.
- Design and/or certify structural designs to all applicable USG standards.
- Coordinating all site construction activities.
- Serving as the focal point for design projects using sub-contracts.
- Supervising all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget.
- Ensuring high quality of work and compliance to the Contractors Quality Control plan
- Supervising all trade and field personnel.
- For construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
- 15 years (15) years of relevant professional well and (small-scale) water system design, project scheduling, material procurement, and field supervision experience, in a similar development setting.
- Professional certification as Professional Engineer (P. E.) or comparable certification from another country or international organization.
- The WWSEM shall have demonstrated experience in leadership roles, strategic planning , and budget management.
- Donor experience such as USAID preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with French and English required.
- Minimum BS degree in hydrology/hydrogeology/civil engineering.
Malian Nationals are encouraged to apply.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.