Duration : 6 months
Start date : ASAP
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- To contribute to the improvement of life-saving and urgent humanitarian needs of the population affected by natural disasters.
- As part of the Action Against Hunger Philippine Mission WASH operational areas, the WASH Engineer will oversee all technical activities related to WASH construction and/or repair, community mobilization and will ensure the efficient and smooth implementation of the project.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Programming
- Carry out or participate in technical assessments at the field level.
- Conduct the wáter and sanitation marketing assessments.
- Prepare technical recommendation, design, and Bill of Quantity (BoQs) for the WASH-related construction based on the assessment findings
- Implement and monitor day-to-day activities according to the Program of Works in collaboration with the skilled and unskilled labor.
- Prepare regular reports on the progress of construction activities in the project sites
- Monitor the delivery of materials on-site as specified in the procurement request
- Ensure that construction activities are implemented as scheduled.
- Ensure the good respect of working conditions while in the field, especially the respect to the Action Against Hunger Code of Conduct and standard operating procedures for the area of operation and safety rules on the construction site.
- Issue and sign the work done certificates as per Action Against Hunger design.
- Ensure safety procedures and rules are respected in the field by all workers.
- Have the technical and experiential capacity to train and organize WASH community-based structures
- Conduct capacity building for WASH Committee/BAWASA for the sustainability of WASH-related services in place
Objective 2: Monitoring and Reporting
- Systematic consolidation and archiving of project technical documents to facilitate organizational level learning, memory, and reporting and submit to Line Manager
- Collection and archiving of Source of Verification (SoVs) based on the activities, indicators, and agreed format/tools and submit to Line Manager
- Comply with the necessary branding and communications guidelines of the organization.
- Ensure timely and quality uploading of project Photos/Videos to the project’s activity bank
Objective 3: Finance and Admin Responsibilities
- Prepare the daily workers payment sheet and payment documents for Workers/contractors as needed
- Support to line manager for timely submission of daily payments sheets
- Organize day-to-day logistics, administration, and personnel activities
- Manage all related program equipment and materials in close consultation with the Logistics/Procurement Department
- Maintain and ensure proper project asset register
Objective 4: To ensure integration and linkage to other sectors at the base level
- To make links with other sectors (e.g. FSL) for complementary between projects/activities
- Support other teams with similar activities through data/information sharing
- Ensure and maintain good working relationships with the local partners, stakeholders, and LGUs
- Participate in meetings with the relevant stakeholders and partners as needed and/or as requested by the Line Manager
Objective 5: Emergency Response
- WASH Engineer should be available anytime in times of urgent / emergency needs:
- Participate in Initial Rapid Assessment
- Identify the urgent WASH needs, plan and implement the emergency WASH activities
- Coordination with camps, communities, and government staff at field level
- Ensure the water testing is done on time
- Daily reporting and updates of field activities
Objective 6: Safety and Security
- Adhere to the Mission Reporting system and submit the reports requested on-time
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with the Security Officer / Line Manager for any security issues relating to work
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to Base Security Officer / Line Manager.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant fields
- Technical specific knowledge:
- Familiarity with the WASH in Emergencies mínimum standards.
- Mobilization of the community conflict-related issues in WASH activities.
- Familiarity with the local culture, ability to develop plans with respect to the community context, and can articulate WASH-related concerns.
- At least two (2) years experience in WASH in Emergencies and community mobilization related to WASH activities.
- Has experience working in an emergency response.
- Excellent English and Filipino language.
- Good knowledge of Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); Can operate design related software such as AutoCAD and/or Sketch-Up
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid.
- Benefits: health insurance, accident, and life insurance, leave entitlement, government-mandated benefits
- Project-based Employment
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.