Advisor – Mano River Union (MRU)
Title: Advisor to the Mano River Union Secretariat
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
West Africa Biodiversity and Climate Change Program (WA BiCC) is funded by USAID West Africa and implemented by Tetra Tech ARD. The Program plans to recruit a full term Advisor who will be based with the Mano River Union (MRU) Secretariat in Freetown.
- Support the Secretariat to update and operationalize the Strategic plan in line with emerging realities and needs following a result-based management approach
- Coordinate the various capacity building interventions and ensure the implementation of the Institutional Strengthening Plan (ISP)
- Increase the awareness and presence of the Secretariat on issues relating to environment, natural resources management and climate change at the regional, national and local levels;
- Assist the Secretariat in the development of a fund raising strategy to mobilize resources to more effectively and sustainably implement the natural resources of Member States;
- Master’s degree in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources Management, Forestry, Agronomy, Rural Development, Regional Planning, Land Use or another related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively increasing responsibility for designing, managing and implementing complex projects and development activities in fields relating to Natural Resource Management, Environment and Research
- Experience using tools and technologies such as Tele-detection, remote sensing, Cartography, GIS and mobile technologies for decision making whilst specifically addressing environmental and climate change issues
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
For the full Terms of Reference, please go to manoriverunion.int and click on media/employment. Please include a cover letter, your current CV in reverse chronological format, a list of 4 professional references and type “MRU Advisor” in the subject of the email. Send to: [email protected]
Deadline: Wednesday October 26th, 2016 by 5:00pm
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.