VOTRE ENVIRONNEMENT DE TRAVAIL
The recent development in Ukraine have led over 5.7 million refugees to flee over the borders from Ukraine and a further 7.7 million have been displaced within Ukraine. The estimated 13 million people that are stranded in Ukraine face shortages of basic needs such as water, food and medicine.
3,143,550 refugees have crossed the Polish border, 453,848 refugees have crossed the Moldavian border and 856,941 refugees the Romanian border.
This situation has led ACF France to open three missions in Ukraine, Poland and Romania and ACF Spain in Moldova.
In Ukraine, WASH activities are ongoing in Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zapporizhzha and Ivano-Frankivsk with partners ( hygiene item distribution and small scale WASH infrastructure improvements/rehabilitations). ACF is also running MHPSS activities with local partners in Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zapporizhzha. ACF is as well delivering CASH and Health activities in Vinnytsia.
We are looking for a WASH Coordinator/Head of Department.
VOTRE POSTE ET VOS RESPONSABILITÉS
As WASH Head of Department/Coordinator, your role is to ensure the quality, relevance and technical innovation of the WASH strategy and interventions on the mission. In addition, you contribute to the definition of the country strategy while coordinating the identification of needs and the formulation of project proposals. You support the WASH Program Managers in the implementation of these projects and represent the association in national and international bodies relating to your sector.
Your main focus will be :
- Finalise and roll out WASH sector-level strategy;
- Guarantee the quality and accountability of the projects;
- Coordinate the identification of needs and the formulation of project proposals
- Master’s degree in Engineering or similar;
At least 3 years of field experience in WASH programming with international INGOs;
- Previous experience in conflict-affected and complex operating environment
Experience in negotiation and problem solving
- Experience in dealing with national authorities
- Experience working through partners desired
- Fluent written and oral English required
- Knowledge of Ukranian or Russian is an asset
VOS CONDITIONS D’EMPLOI
- 6 months fixed term contract
- Remuneration package and competitive benefits according to ACF policies
- Based in Kyiv with field visits to other locations within the country depending on the needs.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
POURQUOI NOUS REJOINDRE ?
The Ukraine crisis is one of the largest displacement events – and humanitarian responses – of recent history. The scale and scope of ACF’s activities and operations is significant. This role offers an opportunity for an experienced humanitarian operations professional to help support meaningful humanitarian aid to an ever-growing population in need. As this is a new and expanding emergency, the postholder will be able to help build teams and systems, as well as to hopefully expand to new areas and bases of operation in 2023.