Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI has operated in Haiti as a local NGO for more than 25 years, having launched products ranging from condoms to contraceptives, and ORS to safe water. In line with its institutional development vision, PSI Haiti has deepened its national roots, changing its name to reflect a more local entity now called Organisation Haitienne de Marketing Social pour la Santé (OHMaSS), and developing a more diverse board. Since this change of name, OHMaSS has been a trusted implementing and managing partner for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, the Dutch Government, the German Government, the US Government and the Maverick Collective (a philanthropic initiative from PSI).
PSI seeks qualified candidates to fulfil a Marketing Technical Advisor position for Home Water Treatment (HWT) to support OHMaSS contributions to the SHOPS project in Haiti. The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus project is the follow-on project to USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. In Haiti, SHOPS Plus is working to scale-up the availability and distribution of key commodities for family planning (FP), maternal and child health (MCH), and HIV and AIDS prevention. SHOPS Plus Haiti will also implement HWT promotion activities to increase awareness of HWT strategies to reduce the spread of cholera and other water-borne diseases.
The Marketing Technical Advisor for Home Water Treatment (MTA-HWT) will be responsible for developing and coordinating a market-based approach for HTW in Haiti. As such, the MTA-HWT will first develop Market Assessment of the various market functions (Core, Support and Rules) to identify past and current strategies for HWT and potential market constraints to both market functions and market players.
Based on this market assessment, the TA will design, in collaboration with SHOPS Plus team, an integrated marketing strategy for health commodities with a strong and immediate focus on HWT. More specifically, the consultant will negotiate distribution agreements to insure optimal coverage of social marketing products, with a focus on HWT products. The TA will also oversee the development of HWT message and materials development, outreach activities and other activities in country. To achieve this, the TA will oversee a team of marketers and sales and medical detailing staff. He/she will also liaise with the research and M&E team insure that interventions are based on evidence and to course correct interventions based on monitoring data.
Bottom line: we are looking for a team player who can think marketing and public health, in an innovative way in order to build sustainable market systems when possible and insure optimal coverage of HTW products in hard-to-reach areas. The candidate will need to interact with various players to get the work done. This full-time position is based in Port au Prince and will report to the Executive Director of HOMaSS. The position will require up to 30% travel to visit program implementation sites in the field.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Develop a market landscape assessment for HWT
- Coordinate stakeholders and partners regarding use of existing materials, plans, and to identify gaps preventing the development of a HTW market
- Develop market development interventions for HWT, including — but not limited to:Leading meetings and discussions with HWT manufacturers and distributors to develop long-term partnerships for HWT products;
- Co-Creating Trade and Consumer Marketing strategies with Distributors;
- Developing innovative distribution strategies to insure optimal coverage of cholera endemic and hard-to-reach areas;
- Supervise PSI marketing and sales staff;
- Work with the HWT Community Outreach Coordinator (Abt staff) to insure developing or modifying existing communications materials and other outreach materials to reduce the spread and effects of cholera and other water-borne diseases;
- Working with health educators to disseminate messages and materials, develop and coordinate trainings
- Work closely with other SHOPS Plus Haiti technical leads to ensure an integrated approach across all project activities.
What are we looking for?
- 5-7 years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public health, communications, business administration, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in capacity building and training, preferably in marketing, sales, SBCC/demand generation and outreach activities.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in market-based approaches including market and value chain assessments.
- Expertise in Management Information Systems to support monitoring efforts to course correct interventions
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to write technical papers and reports.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English is required.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time, is required.
What would get us excited?
The successful candidate will be someone who develop and implement simple but highly effective systems in the context a large and complex environment with multiple actors. S/he will master the details of the various components of market dynamics in a public health context. The individual will have capacity and leadership skills to coach, train and motivate various players, and to identify creative solutions for achieving the project’s outcomes.
- Level 6
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/st36h76g8b