Senior Principal: Environmental Policy and Strategy
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious new job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians. Fresh faces wanted.
About the role:
Reporting to the Manager, Governance Assurance & Approvals, the primary responsibility of the role is toprovide a centre of expertise to identify, lead and deliver environmental management and process improvements in the Corporation’s strategy, service delivery, customer, employee and stakeholder relationships to enable a positive influence for environmental performance across the organisation.
What the role will offer:
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities to current policies, practices andprocesses, consistent with strategic and operational business objectives and corporate values.
- Lead delivery of change projects through robust project management processes in co-operation with the environmental team and across the Corporation.
- Deliver a strategic framework based on agreed corporate policies and positions that sets out relationships between Water Corporation and its relevant stakeholders including regulators, key customers and industry bodies.
- Support the environmental team section to understand internal customer processes, drive improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of delivery across the section’s functions
- Provide centre-of-expertise in relationship management and environmental leadership to the business.
- Provide environmental process, governance and stakeholder advice, mentoring and support to employees as required.
Key skills and experience:
- Degree level qualification in business, environmental science, engineering or other relevant discipline and considerable experience in and knowledge of leading and providing customer related services.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing customer focussed strategy, policies, guidelines, process improvements and change management.
- Substantial experience and demonstrated capability for influencing strategies, plans, programs, systems, and cultural change initiatives.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated achievements in participating with and advising a multidisciplinary workforce.
- Demonstrated and successful work in managing complex regulatory and internal relationships, and balancing and explaining various differing objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in report writing and presentation at a senior level.
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close 30th June 2019
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace:
Through our Equity and Diversity Management Plan and People Strategy, Water Corporation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are recognised and valued.
We encourage applications supporting our key priority communities - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women and people with disability.
For people with disability, we are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment enabling full participation in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.