THE UN2023 GAMECHANGER CHALLENGE
PRESENTED BY WAVEMAKERS UNITED AND IHE DELFT INSTITUTE FOR WATER EDUCATION
We want YOU!
Students with a passion for water – we want you! The UN2023 Gamechanger challenge is all about the connection between youth and water. We want your out-of-the-box idea, inventions, and innovations. Apply as a team with fellow students, develop and professionalize your idea and broadcast it to the world.
“Develop an innovative and implementable idea that takes on global water challenges and ensures a climate resilient future”
Our mission is an active ongoing SDG Gamechanger Challenge until 2030 and beyond. A Challenge that creates sustainable partnerships between youth-organizations for water, food, and energy with their local networks to work on our common commitments to achieve the climate goals. Let’s bring local issues to a global stage to create local solutions!
The Challenge explained
Take a look at our animation video which explains how the Challenge works! Are you intrested and in need of more information about the challenge? Visit our challenge pages!
How it works
Create a Team
– Conisiting of 2-6 students 17+ of age
– Connected to a knowledge institution
Connect to a local community
-A primary or secondary school or association, such as a sports club, music school or scouting
-Invite them to collaborate in this challenge
Apply with your team
Go to Join > Participant
– At the venue of your local teampartner (community, school, association)
– Give a guest lecture about the Sustainable Development Goals and their connection to water. We provide a toolbox to support you
– To create awareness and inspire them to design their dream, solution for water
– Collect this ideas and pick one or some to start your innnovation based on this dream. e.
Develop your idea
– Inspired by local communities
– To tackle global water challenges
– Guided by your coach
Become a Changemaker!
– In this Challenge, everyone is a winner
– The top 5 Changemakers will pitch their idea in New York during the UN2023 Water Conference.
Application period: 1st of September – 24th of November 2022
Sharing knowledge & idea development: From admission until 24th of January 2023
First submission deadline: 24th of January 2023
Second submission deadline: 14th of February 2023
Final at the UN Water Conference New York 2023: 22nd-24th of March 2023
Beyond New York: March 2023 – 2030
What’s in it for you?
Wavemakers United provides lots of options to elevate your personal development and career. Are you looking for a new challenge? Have a look at the options to support our mission!
- Join a global network in water & energy
- Get inspired through our masterclasses by global sustainability-leaders
- Work together towards a climate resilient future
- Gain a head start on your career
- Get the chance to execute your idea
Support our mission
Youth-jury: Test whether the ideas of Changemakers can help our next generation become more climate resilient! JOIN!
High-level jury: Use your expertise to spot the next generations’ Changemaker! JOIN!
Coach: Guide a team of students to become the world’s best Changemakers! JOIN!
Youth-ambassador: Tell your story about sustainability and create awareness! JOIN!
Sports-ambassador: Inspire teams and communities with your olympic mentality! JOIN!
Become a partner: Join a global network of students, young professionals and athletes JOIN!
Application period will end on 24 November 2022. Apply on time to join the challenge and do not miss any masterclasses!